Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Classfieds scammer (mtbrider aka Lee Bates)
  • meandyuk

See this thread:-
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/paging-lee-bates-mtbrider-re-rocket-rons

Various people have been burned by this user. Can anyone shed some more light on the person in question as they are taking the p*ss!!

DezB
    Free Member

Coincidently, his profile pic is of a Fonejacker character.

uplink
    Free Member

Can you not put something up on the Sherwoods Pines Facebook?

Don’t have Facebook myself so I’ve no idea if this is possible

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fbk
    Free Member

Tried to buy a CK wheel off him last year (when he went by the name Batesy_1). He was really keen until I started asking questions about who built it, receipts, etc. I’ll have a look at his emails when I get home, see if I can give you more info.

Dogsby

If he works at Doncasters in Sheffield as his FB states then you could try him at work!

Doncasters FVC
    PO Box 160
    Garter Street
    Sheffield
    S4 7QY
    UK

Tel 44 (0)114 2431041

ton

better still, go to his place of work, hunt him out and deliver a huge portion of fist pie………………… 8)

xiphon
    Free Member

Phone the company, and ask to speak to his line manager – as you have a complaint about one of his staff.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Call his mum*

*Didn’t this happen to someone else with some scroate Southmapton way a couple of years ago? Wonder if that was ever resolved?

tonyd

I realise by the time you give them a few weeks grace they’re generally gone, but is it worth having a sticky thread under the classifieds naming the scammers and listing their various aliases and facebook etc pages?

At the very least it might just deter some of them.

shredder
    Free Member

Shall investigate this further tmrw quite easy to get to Sheffield

Bregante

Love it ninja!

j_me
    Free Member

C.A. Bates is listed in the telephone directory (6th one down on the link). Perhaps a call to his parents

and ask to speak to the young master Bates

ton

better than morse…………. 😉

ridingscared
    Free Member

quality- the same principle works well on a clothing forum I use and generally its the stupid that try the scam and leave a trail on the web that is so easy to follow. Incidentally I got missold something off Pink bike and was given a bit of email verbal , traced him off his account where he’d mentioned his workplace and arranged to meet him outside for a full refund or I’d step inside and talk to his boss. Cash followed very quickly.

godzilla
    Free Member

hunt him out and deliver a huge portion of fist pie………………… 😈

Lol

Hairychested
    Free Member

better still, go to his place of work, hunt him out and deliver a huge portion of fist pie…………………

Ton’s back to his very self, good to see 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

Actually that might not be the correct Lee Bates 😳

shredder
    Free Member

Above no just called and is not related to the toe rag in question.

DezB
    Free Member

Morse went well!

yossarian
    Free Member

Above no just called and is not related to the toe rag in question.

How do you know?

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve found the right one now. He lives in Chesterfield with his now wife Joanne.

If you pay for a premium 192.com you’ll get his full address. It’s him as he kindly posted on Friends Reunited that he now lives in Chesterfield with his partner Joanne. There just so happens to be a Lee A Bates living with a Joanne Bates (formerly Joanne Knight) in Chesterfield listed on the electoral roll for 2011.

I am working in sheffield now at a big aerospace firm called doncasters bramah.
    working on the developement of the new J.S.F programme(joint strike fighter). i live in chesterfield with my partner joanne and are tryin for kids hope to get a football team(ha ha).

I’m sure Doncasters Bramah would be interested to know such an untrustworthy person is working on a project like that.

shredder
    Free Member

Yossarian I know because I called the number

j_me
    Free Member

Morse went well!

Yes, good Endeavour

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just back from the shed

Right, I have my pitchfork. When are we setting kicking off?

andytpickering
    Free Member

i’m still waiting on my camelbak which i purchased from that thread. he appears to be ignoring all my messages now.
    when i eventually got throgh to him by gettting a friend to add him on facebook, he gave the excuse that he’d lost my address, so i sent it to him again, and nothing.
    was supossed to be up in chesterfield a few weeks ago, but trip got cancelled. but hopefully gonna be up there in the next couple of weeks now that i know where he lives gotta love how much info you can get on someone with a little time spent on the internet! 🙂

shredder
    Free Member

Just to let people know I have had a Paypal refund this morning ! No communication just arrived so I suspect he is reading this .

andytpickering
    Free Member

i posted a lovely little message on the sherwood pines cycling web page with links to this thread, and much to my surprise received my money back this morning with this message

“Hi Andy There was no need to go that far as to put things on facebook! i did say that if your stuff did not turn up after the bank holiday that i would refund you.. and here it is I cant help things geting lost in the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

hope everyone else has received refunds too!

simonac
    Free Member

Sure is sweet to see what a bit of putting heads together can do. 😀

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Classfieds scammer (mtbrider aka Lee Bates)’ is closed to new replies.