Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Class.
  • yunki
    Free Member

Oscar Wilde said that work is the curse of the drinking classes.. I'm drinking class.

Bregante

I'd say I am best in

rkk01
    Free Member

Just read this thread…

Confused dot com???

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – Member

I'm off to work now, but if ernie shows up at anytime, could he please clarify his 'class traitor' comment? I know its pathetic, but it hit home, and to be frank, felt like a bit of a c***y thing to say. My post was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek, but then again, I dont know if ernie's reply to it was…….

😀 LOL ! …….. well I hope you managed to sleep alright last night after that damning denunciation mitch.

Yes of course I was being serious, I would only resort to calling someone a "class traitor" after giving the matter the utmost consideration. Besides, I have never knowingly joked on this forum. And I certainly wouldn't consider starting to do so on a thread covering such a serious subject as "what class would you put yourself in"

We'll speak no more of it. But…….. I can't guarantee that when the day eventually comes and the proletariat are finally victorious in seizing state power, you won't be held accountable for your treachery. Still, until that fateful day when you hear that knock on your front door, sleep tight me ol'fruit.

Torminalis – Member

I tend to find that the upper classes and the working class get on like a house on fire. It is only the grasping aspirant middle classes who seem to get all excited about these things.

I couldn't agree more.

It's the insecurity which many amongst the middle-classes feel, that often makes them so snobbish, arrogant, and reactionary.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Middle class = Daily Mail and Express

IMO more of a threat to society than any chavs

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dail Mail is for working class what think they're middle class.

Reason – education, if you've got one you'll recognise both papers for the intolerable bullshit they both are.

chewkw
    Free Member

surviving class … where's the jackpot?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"Still, until that fateful day when you hear that knock on your front door, sleep tight me ol'fruit."
    😯 I'd better not mention that 'the posh bird' is also incredibly hot, with neck down alopecia, and best of all, whispers snippets of Thatchers 1983 election speech when we're having all the sweet sweet lovin!

Kuco

Remedial

footflaps

Middle class read the Daily Mail or Express? Maybe lower middle, but they're working class papers.

Indep, Torygraph or Grauniad are middle class papers.

Times is the paper of the establishment.

Horse and Hounds is a sign of upper class.

tron
    Free Member

See umpteen posts up where I mentioned that the British have an odd sense of class. The Daily Mail and Express are about as middle class as it gets.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Kuco

What happens if I don't read any papers?

GrahamS

The Daily Mail and Express are about as middle class as it gets.

Possibly "lower middle class" – whatever the **** that is.

They are for people who think they are too high brow for the Star and The Sun, but struggle with the big words and multifaceted stories in the grownup papers.

donsimon
    Free Member

What happens if I don't read any papers?

You get stupider and stupider. 😀

Kuco

That be me then 😀

GrahamS

I've not bought or read an actual paper in years. Why waste a tree when you have the Internets?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why waste time reading when looking at pictures is more fun?

Kuco

I just don't bother with the news/papers it's all doom and gloom or on about someone you've never heard about shagging someone you couldn't give hoot about.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned Radio4? I listen to R4, and as a result I am labeled as a 'middle class tw*t', which I wear as a badge of honour.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Class.’ is closed to new replies.