Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Clarks new disc brakes any good ?
  • TheSlider
    Free Member

Anyone got a set of these near £40 a set gems ? Recommend or avoided ??

johnw1984
    Free Member

I had some on a HT for a while. Great when they worked, but couldn’t get a bleed kit for them, so they are sat in a spares box now.

Worth the £40 I thought.

jekkyl

There are loads of decent shimano brakes on ebay for the same money. I got a brand new set of deores including pads and rotors and all the bolts for £45 recently.

johnw1984
    Free Member

That’s a good price Jekkyl. I wouldn’t mind getting something similar for a build I’m doing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Their pads are fantastic, and cheap as chips I along with a couple of sponsored EWS riders have been using them for quite a while.

*organics btw, even good in winter up here in deepest darkest gloop fest.

joebristol

Just going back to the start of this thread, has anyone got the Clarks disc brakes that they are still using? I notice one comment mentioned no bleed kit was available which seems a bit of a flaw from the manufacturers perspective.

Not that I need new brakes at the moment, but I did consider buying some before going down the magura hs33 route. So more out of curiosity than anything else.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Is that clarks from the 80’s whos ‘powerglide’ brake cables seemed to be made from cotton & snap every time you did an endo on your bmx?
    Wouldnt touch anything from them after that, especially their shoes.

superjohn71
    Free Member

The eBay seller I got my Clarkes M2 brakes from does a bleed kit that is also shimano compatible, so they must be out there. Can’t comment on the brakes yet as fitting them is a ‘to do’ job.

superjohn71
    Free Member
    johnw1984
    Free Member

That’s great superjohn71! I’ll get one of those ordered.

Do you reckon they’ll take standard Shimano mineral fluid?

Sorry for the thread hijack 🙂

superjohn71
    Free Member

Don’t know for sure, but I expect it will be fine. I have fitted mine now and am impressed so far. I will want to shorten the hoses at some point so I will find out if shimano oil is OK then I suppose! Mine came with spare olives which I wasn’t expecting so that’s another plus.

fin25
    Free Member

I’ve got some. The brakes are fine, no leaking, reliable, really good pads. The levers are a bag of arse.

Will get deores or bb7s next time.

antigee

bought some for my shopper/gym bike when couldn’t get corroded bleed screws undone on very old avids – think around this time last year MBR had a review (for what that is worth) and was positive

nicely finished, work fine, I’ve small hands and am happy with the levers
    shimano mineral fluid, bleed instructions in box

– not done cut down OK (clever boy! more likely luck)
    bleeding looks identical to more recent (as in 5 years or so) SLX

edit instructions in box not spare fluid – that what they use is what i meant

I’d buy another pair but I’m not a bike tart

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Clarks new disc brakes any good ?’ is closed to new replies.