Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Clarks M2 disc brakes vs ?
  • joebristol

Anyone using the above brakes? Looking for some cheap hydro discs for the hardtail I’ve got – mostly to. D used for commuting but also a bit of playing on pump tracks.

Currently got Magura HS33s but they’re a. It if a pain so want to change to discs.

The Clark’s are £40 all in for brakes front and rear, including rotors and calliper mounts.

I can’t find anything else remotely comparable with a few searches online – any deals anyone has seen?

Currently got Sram guides on my other bike – so sram preferable to other makes as I can use the same bleed kit I’ve already got. Not a deal breaker though as bleed kits are fairly cheap from Epic.

Will offset some cost by selling the HS33’s plus their bleed kit hopefully – but only if I get discs going ok. Got another thread going about disc fitting to a non disc frame so depends how that works out.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I had some on a Hardtail for a bit. Great for the money, but my rear needs a bleed and at the time I couldn’t find a suitable bleed kit.

I’m sure some universal ones fit, but mine are in a spares box now.

nano
    Free Member

The rear one is a particular pain to bleed as the port is recessed (IIRC). Clark sell an adapter for that which should make life easier. Found them a bit hit and miss when they have been fitted as OE kit on bikes (see comments about the rear) but can’t argue with the price

joebristol

Ok, thanks for feedback. So I need to check I can get a bleed kit (with relevant adaptor for rear brake) before I commit to buying.

Can’t find anything else remotely close to the cost – maybe £30 per end, plus the cost of rotors on top.

ransos
    Free Member

My basic shimanos on the commuter were pretty cheap – less than £50 I think. I’m very happy with them.

joebristol

Ok – what model of shomano discs are those? Not found anything that cheap complete with rotors.

surfingobo
    Free Member

I bought them from this guy for £33 last month although he seems to have put his prices up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clarks-M2-Hydraulic-brake-system-for-bikes-mtb-/112299160988?

Got to say they’ve been absolutely brilliant, sure they aren’t as powerful as more expensive ones but value wise they’re excellent.

superjohn71
    Free Member

I got some off ebay from the same bloke ~ they have been fine, a massive improvement over the cable discs fitted previously. You can get a bleed kit for them on ebay; or a universal one that contains fittings for just about all makes, for £17. I got the latter, because I have other bikes with hydro discs, and I’m also a tool geek!

jimwah
    Free Member

Shimano M315(?) and avid rotors were sub £50 from eBay, and so far seem to be bedding in pretty well on the weird rigid 650b+ bike-shaped thing I ride.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Clarks M2 disc brakes vs ?’ is closed to new replies.