Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Clarkes M2 Brakes
  • buckster
    Free Member

Are bloody amazing imho. Under £40 quid, they fit to my sons Stinky (fr cable a tight fit for length on 180mm forks but OK). Used in the Alps and UK bike parks, no dramas and stop on the button, incredible. Anyone else used them?

mattyfez

Not used them but tempted to fit a set to replace my tektro novelo cable disks.

Interested to hear opinions, reviews seem to say they are very good for the money.

My only concern is I like the modulation/progressive feel of cable disks, bu I am a bit sick of having to fiddle with a cable set up as the pads wear down, so im half looking for a cheap but good hydraulic set up.

Also my bike is super long, 22″ so im wondering how difficult it would be to extend the rear hose if needed, so presumably I might have to buy a new hose, trim it, and put new fluid in, or do they come over long as standard?

colin9

I have a set on my jump bike. Feel a bit plasticy and the lever blade is longer than I’d like, but a perfectly usable brake and staggeringly good for the money.

buckster
    Free Member

Also my bike is super long, 22″ so im wondering how difficult it would be to extend the rear hose if needed, so presumably I might have to buy a new hose, trim it, and put new fluid in, or do they come over long as standard?

The rear cable is long.

mattyfez

Quite tempted lol !

scruff9252

I’ve been using the clarks skeletal brakes for a few years now. Needed new brakes that day when my deore’s failed so picked up some as a stop gap from halfords expecting to upgrade quickly. They have been staggeringly good – I see no reason to upgrade.

votchy
    Free Member

Replaced a set of deores with skeletal brakes from clarks, £45 for front and rear including rotors and they are superb. They are fitted to my wifes inbred and they stop her on a sixpence with 160 rotors front and rear

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Clarkes M2 Brakes’ is closed to new replies.