• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cp.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Claris v Sora ?
  • justa
    Free Member

Hello

I’m going to buy a new bike in the hope that I can get back into cycling ! My belly cannot be allowed to get any bigger….

I have a full suss mountain bike but would like a road/track bike to go out with her outdoors on – I’ve decided on a Specialized Diverge after having a blast at a concept store – very nice thing it is too.

The question I’m rather belatingly getting too is this – Is it worth spending an extra £130 to go from a Claris groups to a Sora groups – this is the only difference between the 2 bikes.

thanks

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Save the money over sora and save a bit more money and buy the best wheels you can afford. You will not notice any difference between the two in the real world, you may notice a closer ratio between each gear change if you had sora but this will make no difference what so ever out on the road. Save your money and upgrade the wheels as this will be the single biggest improvement per £ spent.

cookeaa

Claris is pretty much the previous 8spd Sora group, just without the noddy thumb actuated down shifter.

They only popped it in their product lime because the OEM customers wanted something like the old Sora group when Sora went to 9spd…

Get the Claris spec’ bike, if you’re really enjoying it but want posher gears in a couple of years, £250-300 will easily get you a nice new tiagra or 105 group…

justa
    Free Member

thanks of course I could try the GT Grade which for a similar price has 10 speed Tiagra….

cp

That Grade looks a great buy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Claris v Sora ?’ is closed to new replies.