Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Claiming on insurance for stolen bike – is it really this easy?
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

In short, girlfriend’s bike stolen yesterday. Called up home insurance today. They took details and half an hour later another company call me – wheelies direct. They take some details, I explain I have not got a crime number yet, only a ref no. No problem, they just ask me to choose a bike up to £950 off their site and they’ll send it out.

I’m expecting some catch here – am I wrong? M&S insurance by the way.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nope – thats what happened with me. So long as you get get a bike yo are happy with off that list its fine.

MRanger156
    Free Member

No if you have good insurance its pretty simple. If you’ve got really good insurance they will let you go where ever you want for a new bike.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Yep – works just like that.

As TJ says it only gets a bit more complicated if you don’t want one of the ‘Wheelies’ bikes. Then you get offered just 80% (ish) of the originally quoted value in cash. If you keep talking to them, and explain why nothing Wheelies have is suitable, then eventually you should get the full 100%. I did, but it took a while.

However sounds like you’re happy with their offer… Cool 🙂

Oh… and they sent someone round the same day to fix my garage door too..

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Lovely. Yes, very happy. Thanks all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Claiming on insurance for stolen bike – is it really this easy?’ is closed to new replies.