Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • claiming of M&S Insurance ?
  • iainc

Looking for some advice. I have bikes and house covered with M&S. Never made a claim. During my off on Sat I bust my prescription specs, split helmet and tore top. I need to get specs and helmet ordered asap. The value of this lot is probably around £600. Anyone know claim procedure and how it works ? I have a £100 excess on contents away from home

bruneep

Are you covered for an off?

Claiming is easy peasy, just call em up. You’ll need to provide proof of ownership and value, your premium will go up up next year. Worth it for £500?

sandwicheater

Just had a quick scan and cycle accessories are not covered unless damage to the cycle is also incurred.

Loss or damage
    a) to any pedal cycle worth over the
    unspecified pedal cycle limit shown
    in your policy schedule unless it
    has been specified in your policy
    schedule and you have chosen to
    cover it away from home
    b) to tyres and accessories unless the
    pedal cycle is lost or damaged at
    the same time

May be worth giving them a call.

iainc

bruneep – I dunno, I’m covered for accidental cover so I guess so.

Wonder how much premium will go up ???

bol

Extremely easy. Quick to get through and very helpful. Unlike many insurers they just let you get on and sort things out.

bol

My video camera fell off my bike and was lost, and they replaced it without any messing about.

iainc

thanks, just called them , all covered, minus an excess, plus I have protected no claims, so wont affect premium next year.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“plus I have protected no claims, so wont affect premium next year.”

in your dreams – mark my words your policy will increase.

njee20
    Free Member

They were great with me – iPhone got nicked on a Saturday. Phoned them – they phoned O2 to verify that I’d reported it lost, they couldn’t replace iPhones direct, so transferred £500 to my bank account within 48 hours of the phone going missing.

legend
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    “plus I have protected no claims, so wont affect premium next year.”
    in your dreams – mark my words your policy will increase.

Yup, that just means your “discount” isn’t affected, but you’ll now be viewed as a slightly higher risk. Therefore, higher premium.

toppers3933
    Free Member

The last (and only) claim I’ve made was sorted in about 3 days from start to finish and my renewal went up about £40. And when I went on the website and did a new quote declaring claim etc it was cheaper than the previous year. For a claim of £2k there was no impact whatsoever apart from me having to walk 4 miles to the station after the bike was stolen.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘claiming of M&S Insurance ?’ is closed to new replies.