Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Claiming money for damage after deposit returned?
  • andyl
    Free Member

On very important part of my tenants contract was no holes allowed in walls due to the flat being tanked. I told them if they wanted pictures hanging then call me and I will work out an alternative. I also told them when they were getting the BT line reconnected not to let them drill any more holes.

They move out last week, little bit of wear and they forgot to clean behind any furniture but no reason to deduct anything and return their full deposit very quickly.

Just doing some repairs and alarm bells go off when I notice the new BT socket. I take the cover off and two 1.5″ deep holes in the bloody wall to secure the back box. You can clearly see the marks from the glue used to mount the box they removed.

Now I face the warranty being void or a bill to repair it some how. I am assuming it can be plugged with resin?

Emailed the to ask for documentation from BT to see if they have any emails stating that they should not drill into the walls.

Expecting to have to suck this one up and pay for it myself 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They move out last week, little bit of wear and they forgot to clean behind any furniture but no reason to deduct anything and return their full deposit very quickly.

Just doing some repairs and alarm bells go off when I notice the new BT socket. I take the cover off and two 1.5″ holes in the bloody wall to secure the back box. You can clearly see the marks from the glue used to mount the box they removed.
    Think you are not getting anywhere. It’s up to you or reps to inspect and sign off on the property. Been here before DPS and it was no chance then. I’d expect them to stick 2 fingers to you and also blame BT.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Claiming money for damage after deposit returned?’ is closed to new replies.