Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Claiming from the insolvency service – any experience of timescales?
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

Has anyone had to claim from the insolvency service recently for monies owed/redundancy and could advise how long it took from making a claim to receiving payment?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Daytime bump

bigblackshed

I’m still waiting for wages owed from 1990.

Don’t hold your breath.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for wages owed from 1990.

Waiting for statutory redundancy pay from the government?

bigblackshed

No. I wasn’t there long enough to claim redundancy. The owner upped and buggered off to Central America.

The 4 bounced weekly pay cheques should have been the warning lights, but being young and dumb, I believed him when he said this one, for two weeks wages after the first one bounced, wouldn’t. Ditto for week three and four.

Went home on Friday, Monday the unit was all locked up with nobody to be found. I struggled to find another job, struggled to “sign on” because I had no proof that the job had terminated. A shit few months all round really.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I’m sorry to say that you will probably be so far down a long list that getting anything at anytime will be unlikely.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’m not asking about claiming as a creditor, I’m asking about statutory payments that are claimed from the insolvency service.

poly
    Free Member

It’s about 9 yrs since. They probably took about three months. I had a paper trail (contracts, payslips etc).

ebygomm
    Free Member

Ok, thanks.

The online claim site suggest 3 – 6 weeks is their target but was wondering how realistic that is

malgrey
    Free Member

It was a long time ago (15 yrs), but the only time I’ve had to claim statutory, it was weeks rather than months. They were actually pretty helpful. Value is pretty low, week’s worth for each year of service capped at whatever the current lowest rate is!

Never got anything as a creditor later once all wrapped up though.

Good luck with getting something new sorted.

jonnyrockymountain

I claimed about 18 month ago and took about 4 week, they were actually very helpful

garage-dweller

Should be quite realistic so long as there aren’t any special headaches about your case or claim.

A much better service than it was a decade ago.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Payment came through today for unpaid pay (no redundancy due) so pretty good service.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Thanks for updating the thread. I am pleased to hear that the system worked for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Claiming from the insolvency service – any experience of timescales?’ is closed to new replies.