Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Claiming for Garmin on my contents insurance?
  • richmog08

Has anyone had any joy with the above. Left mine on my car roof today and by the time I got home it was surprisingly gone! I’m insured with M&S if that helps. Thanks.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

I lost my 810 down the side of a mountain in Spain, claimed on the basic DogTag travel insurance rather than my household policy, they gave me £100 which was the limit on the insurance. I was happy with that given it was 3 years old was well used and would have probably only made the same if I had sold it.

Replaced it with a 1000 which imo is a far better bit of kit.

richmog08

Thanks, that’s helpful. Plan to ring them tomorrow to see what they say. It was only a 705 but wanted to see if I could get something out of them before I bought another. I haven’t made a claim for 7 years so probably due something.

bensales
    Free Member

Your policy excess is probably more than the Garmin is worth. For things like that I’ve just sucked it up in the past. Something needs to be worth around the £500 mark in order to be worth claiming.

stumpyjon

Yep, mine fell off my road bike and got run over. Rang the insurance, they asked for a price, gave the rrp from Garmin but I said you could get them a lot cheaper. Lady at the other end said rrp was fine. Cheque came through less the excess and I managed to find one online for slightly less than the cheque amount. Was with Frizzel which is now LV. I imagine it will depend a lot on your insurer though.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Surely not worth claiming?

What’s your excess ? Plus the fact your premium will go up the next few years.

Not worth it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Claiming for Garmin on my contents insurance?’ is closed to new replies.