Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Claiming cycle mileage for work porpoises.
  • scruff
    Free Member

After a thread a while ago, last month I put a claim in for 22 miles cycling twixt different sites just to see what happened. Head of Payroll didn’t have a problem and my boss signed it off, at 10p per mile I ended up with a grand total of £2.20.

Its not really worth bothering with is it ?

Pierre

According to the last tax man I spoke to, cycle expenses can be claimed at 20p / mile, motorbike at 24p and car at 40p / mile.

At £4.40 for your journeys, you'd at least have earned yourself a pint.

: P

Adders69
    Free Member

Yes – that's an inner-tube's worth!

JtotheP68
    Free Member

Why does where you work employ porpoises? Would they not be happier swimming to work?

Peyote
    Free Member

Over the past 18 months I reckon I could've claimed back over £1k in cycle mileage for business purposes (20p/mile). If only I didn't live 25 miles away from work and have to subtract my commute from my total mileage!

soobalias
    Free Member

no scruff its not worth you bothering.

if all the STW readers could claim and send the money to my paypal that would be great. kthxbai

MartinGT
    Free Member

Get it claimed man. Why shouldnt you?

scruff
    Free Member

Just seems like hassle for £2 (NHS form filling). Suppose it all adds up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

what do porpoises have to do with your work ? i hope you keep them in humane conditions !

aP
    Free Member

and of course you could put in a tax refund claim for the difference between the mandated 20p per mile and what they're giving you….

snakebite
    Free Member

just think Tesco-every little helps.

scruff
    Free Member

aP, how ?

MartinGT
    Free Member

Slap it in the piggy bank and after x months, hey, new bike jersey, or new gloves etc.

landy813
    Free Member

Whats the score if work provides transport for you, can you still claim then for cycle mileage? We get told tough we provide a vehicle or a driver for you so your not having any claims for cycle mileage.

TPTcruiser

Ours is the same as the car, 35p/mile, when I was asked how much we should pay. Should be higher, as pressing the pedals is a damned sight harder than pressing the accelerator!

Junkyard
    Free Member

20 p a mile get excess mileage so paid to commute into work every day lovely. Once did a 50 mile round trip in lovely summer weather shame to waste the opportunity- got told off for efficiency reasons.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Claiming cycle mileage for work porpoises.’ is closed to new replies.