Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Claiming back PPI
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

My PPI claim started in November 2009 & is still being ‘processed’ can anyone beat that?

bassspine
    Free Member

I’m getting sick of being cold called by companies claiming to do this PPI thing for me. How do you do it yourself?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My credit card was from sainsburys bank, I phoned them to no avail, sent a recorded letter and heard back 6 weeks later from the Bank of Scotland who underwrite the sainsburys cards. You HAVE to present your case in your initial letter,as to why it was sold to you unfairly, mine was labeled as ‘credit care’ (not PPI)I was told I needed it as I then worked part time (they were fibbing) I send a letter every few weeks reminding them. The high court sent me a letter saying the case had gone to them and was in line to be reviewed. Digging into getting the money back yourself they have to pay interest and you can take it to the ombudsman for review. You don’t lose any money to companies doing it for you but you tend to wait longer.

bassspine
    Free Member

thanks catflees

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Mine started in Jan 2009……do I win?
    The ombudsman has in fact upheld my claim so I am now waiting for Tesco/RBS to pay up. So give it another year or so I should have my money!

geordiepaul
    Free Member

go to moneysavingexpert.co.uk and search for PPI. There are a load of template letters to get the ball rolling if you do it yourself that’s what I did.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Claiming back PPI’ is closed to new replies.