Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Civil Servants pension fund – 1.2 Trillion
  • Lanesra
    Free Member
    showerman
    Free Member

yep stuck his greedy paws into ours and now i have to pay extra, wait till the euro gravey train gets uncovered 😯

jon1973
    Free Member

Since ‘Civil Servants’ represent about 25% of the workforce, is the figure really that large?

Nico
    Free Member

Not a pension fund, though. There is no civil service pension fund as such.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Flippy hecky I hope there is a Civil Service Pension – I still have my NICS Pension Scheme all 15 years of rock solidness 😆

Lanesra
    Free Member

Why do we need 1 in 4 people to run our lives? In the North East the Govt/Civil Service is responsible for 80% of their GDP.

The whole thing is a bloated cash cow for people of limited ability. And yes it really is 1.2 Trillion

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why do we need 1 in 4 people to run our lives?

Where do you get idea that 1 in 4 people are running your life Lanesra ?

From your link :

“The five biggest schemes cover the NHS, teachers, Civil Service, police and the Armed Forces, with a further scheme for local government workers.

Do nurses and doctors ‘run your life’ ? Do teachers ‘run your life’ ? Does Defra ‘run your life’ ? Does the army ‘run your life’ ?

The whole thing is a bloated cash cow for people of limited ability.

I take it that you’re getting a cash handout then ?

Pieface

Offsets the crap money

aracer
    Free Member

I certainly didn’t used to run lanesra’s life (a tiny bit of that 1.2 trillion is all mine).

The whole thing is a bloated cash cow for people of limited ability

I’ll remember to repeat that little gem to the ex cs people I work with who are world leaders in their fields.

crikey
    Free Member

Here we go again; private sector pensions are not as good as they were sold to be so lets bash the public servants because they get a decent pension.

Because dragging pensions down to a lower level is a good thing, we really need more poor old people to make this country great again…

🙄

Lanesra
    Free Member

**** Hell Ernie/RudeBoy, I knew you were simple but not this much

You were better as Fred, imo

julianwilson
    Free Member

I think and hope you are confusing ‘civil service’ and ‘public sector’.

TinMan
    Free Member

Hmmm, that’s right, you pay the public sector workers lower than private partly on the basis that at retirement there may be a pension worth having.

The private sector has had cracking pay rises for years, whilst the public sectors have been poor in comparison.

Now inflation is down the private sector whinge for 10 mins until the markets pick up again and the gravy train gets back up to speed. In the meantime you want to plunder the little piece of grim comfort the public sector have.

Oh and the NHS closed its final salary scheme top new starters a while ago and not as the ‘thisismoney’ article implies.

Excellent article aiming to confuse the total pot with MPs and other top civil servants with admin staff & cleaners in schools & hospitals (that haven’t been outsourced)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

after globule warming, the pensions mountain is one of the biggest problems we face in the future. Thankfully, all over the world, the birth rate is falling – otherwise there’ll soon be standing room only – however, that inevitably leads to a LOT of useless wrinklies cluttering the place up, refusing to die and wanting to eat (and exercise their democratic rights), and less and less people to look after them and supply the goods.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lanesra, Ernie and RudeBoy are two very different people. Do try and keep up.

aracer
    Free Member

**** Hell Ernie/RudeBoy, I knew you were simple but not this much

If you think GG is RB, then I’d suggest it’s not GG who’s the simple one (I’ll make no comment about RB!)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie/RudeBoy, I knew you were simple but not this much

I am indeed a very simple soul.

So explain it to me (in very simple terms) how do nurses, doctors, teachers, soldiers “run” your life Lanesra ?

BTW : “Ernie/RudeBoy”……. there’s no ‘pulling the wool over you eyes’ mate………. Bright as a button you are 😉

Lanesra
    Free Member

In the terms of why in a country of 53 million people does it need 1 in 4 of the workforce to be employed by the state, is that simple enough for you – or do you want a picture?

Its no wonder this countries gone to shit

julianwilson
    Free Member

Hold on, when I was a community psychiatric nurse (oh, by the way, at well below national average wage despite 3 years in higher education and getting chucked down the stairs every once in a while), I was frequently accused of atempting to run people’s lives. (if trying to keep odd folk on their pills and out of hospital counts as running their lives that is.)

If that was me running the life of anyone on here, I sincerely apologise, I’ll try not to do it again. Farm it out to private enterprise and see how much the armed forces, acute hosptals and mental health services, social services and education go to s**t then.

I’m not sure you can privatise the police and still be a democracy, mind.

zokes
    Free Member

Lanesra – Member

In the terms of why in a country of 53 million people does it need 1 in 4 of the workforce to be employed by the state, is that simple enough for you – or do you want a picture?

Because we have a large public education sector (you obviously missed out)

Because we have a public large health sector (saving YOU money)

Because we have several other services not related directly to governance that somewhat benefit others around you, if not you.

julianwilson
    Free Member

You are a eurpoean citizen? Invoke your right to move to a better run european country then. Oh, except they all do the same too. Except they have better wages, conditions and a 35 hour week for their massive state workforces. That’ll make your pee boil. 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

I’m not sure you can privatise the police and still be a democracy, mind.

Don’t tell Brown that, he’ll try!

crikey
    Free Member

Because, dimwit, unless you can find and pay for private companies to be;
    Midwives
    Health Visitors
    GPs
    Doctors
    Nurses
    Porters
    Cleaners
    Teachers
    MPs
    Police
    Firemen
    Dustbin men
    Soldiers
    Sailors
    Air Force
    Etc, etc., etc.,

The state will have to do it for you, is that simple enough for you?

Bye then, I’m sure you’ll find somewhere better than here…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

why in a country of 53 million people does it need 1 in 4 of the workforce to be employed by the state, is that simple enough for you – or do you want a picture?

I’m sorry Lanesra, but you said ‘1 in 4 people run our lives’. I would like you to explain in which way are they ‘running our lives’.

Draw me a picture if you think it will help.

johnners
    Free Member

privatise he police

God, it’s as if Robocop never happened.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Because, dimwit, unless you can find and pay for private companies to be;
    Midwives
    Health Visitors
    GPs
    Doctors
    Nurses
    Porters
    Cleaners

Bupa International, I also pay for my own cleaner at home

Teachers

Private School

Police
    Firemen

Never had the need for them but thanks for the heads up

Dustbin men

Service Charge

Soldiers
    Sailors
    Air Force Etc, etc., etc.,

not sure I really need this unless I want to fight an illegal war in Iraq

The state will have to do it for you, is t

In short I’ve never needed the states help or intervention, so why should I pay for some { cushy retirement

Pippin
    Free Member

The whole thing is a bloated cash cow for people of limited ability.

I’m sorry Lanesra – I’m going to take personal exception to that – being as I am technically part of this “bloated” establishment – obviously me only having a PhD shows my limited ability and of course being one of the 10 or so most able folk in my field in Europe shows that I’m just not up to the task.
    All this for about 25K and a 44 hour minimum week and no chance of a final salary scheme any more – sounds like a gravy train to you?

Shandy
    Free Member

Massive public sector love-in in progress…

If we had less civil servants and beaurocrats propping the whole system up we would have more money for the kind of public servants that make a difference to peoples lives on a day-to-day basis.

crikey
    Free Member

In short I’ve never needed the states help or intervention

Who trained the doctors that attend to your swollen head?

Who trained the teachers that failed so obviously?

Never needed the police? Not much call for them in a padded cell I suppose…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If we had less civil servants and beaurocrats

And maybe less teachers and more ‘spell check’ instead ?

CaptJon
    Free Member

In the North East the Govt/Civil Service is responsible for 80% of their GDP.

Where is that figure from?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bloody murdering scousers.

Think of all them thieving lazy scouse binmen, nurses, teachers, bizzies etc. taking your money Arsenal. And when they’re drawing their undeserved pensions, just think, they’ll be flying all over Europe, spending YOUR money, murdering innocent fans the continent over.

Bet you love that.

zokes
    Free Member

Soldiers
    Sailors
    Air Force Etc, etc., etc.,

not sure I really need this unless I want to fight an illegal war in Iraq

That was almost Chamberlain’s argument…..

Shandy
    Free Member

Shut it Ernie you filthy commie 😆

zokes
    Free Member

And seeing as you can afford to pay for all these things privately, perhaps you should help out those that can’t? That would free them up to spend some more money in the private sector and keep you employed!

(Or are you getting on a bit and suddenly realised that you may need a pension after all, having pi$$ed your ‘hard earned’ up the wall on BUPA et al?)

aracer
    Free Member

Somebody go and burn Lanesra’s house down (after forwarding this thread to his local fire station).

julianwilson
    Free Member

Massive public sector love-in in progress…

lol, makes a change from the usual ‘what chronograph/iphone/butler’ threads on here! 😀

zokes
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Somebody go and burn Lanesra’s house down (after forwarding this thread to his local fire station).

PMSL – and the police station! No need for them to go around investigating someone for arson, to be tried by the public justice system, when Lanesra clearly doesn’t believe that they are worthwhile paying for!

crikey
    Free Member

…and remember, BUPA don’t do ambulances, or A&E….

zokes
    Free Member

Well, he was clearly privately educated…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Civil Servants pension fund – 1.2 Trillion’ is closed to new replies.