Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Civil partnership petition
  • molgrips
    Free Member

http://homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/about-us/consultations/equal-civil-marriage/

Did we do this already? Time to make your views known other than by pontificating on here. As my mate Chris pointed out, the vehemently ‘anti’ people will be filling this out in droves, so speak up.

jota180
    Free Member

are you and Hora thinking of tying the knot?

project
    Free Member

Its them with the pointy hats who are complaining.

Junkyard
    Free Member

thank you
    posted my view

scaredypants

Question 8. The government is not considering opening up civil partnerships to opposite-sex couples because we have been unable to identify a need for this. However, we appreciate that there are a number of views on this issue.

Do you agree or disagree with this proposal?

Seems to me that this incorporates 2 proposals, the proposal to open up civil partnerships to opposite sex couples and the government’s proposal to ignore that proposal

which one should I have voted on ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

The government is not considering opening up civil partnerships to opposite-sex couples because we have been unable to identify a need for this. However, we appreciate that there are a number of views on this issue.

That proposal though perhaps you should e-mail them your pedantic views on behalf of stw 😉

scaredypants

thanks JY – that’s the one I voted on (although, cleverly, you managed to highlight both – so it would be wouldn’t it 😕 )

If I’m not even considering emailing them about it, is that a proposal on my behalf or not ?

molgrips
    Free Member

I like how every possible combination of views and/or orientations is catered for.. makes me feel proud to be human 🙂

scaredypants

Interesting point, molgrips – they have not considered interspecies partnerships at all

highclimber
    Free Member

Intended audience:
    members of the public – particularly those currently in a marriage or civil partnership or those wishing to legally register their relationship in future
    lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender organisations
    religious organisations
    local authorities, including registrars who are responsible for conducting civil marriage ceremonies
    organisations with an interest in families and relationships
    comments from all other interested parties are also welcome

so that’ll be everyone then?

scaredypants

I guess you’re right, nowhere does it state “same sex AND species”

I retract my objection (based on human-centric assumptions on my part)

(only on that count though JY !)

molgrips
    Free Member

Interesting point, molgrips – they have not considered interspecies partnerships at all

The Welsh Assembly are preparing another one I think.

konabunny
    Free Member

Seems to me that this incorporates 2 proposals, the proposal to open up civil partnerships to opposite sex couples and the government’s proposal to ignore that proposal

While I share your concern that it’s not clearly phrased, I would say that there is in fact no proposal at all.

The Govt has decided that it will not open up consultation on the issue, has not identified any need and has appreciated there are many views on this – all facts about past actions, not proposals for future ones.

scaredypants

agreed Konabunny – but since there isn’t one, you end up looking and find 2 implicit proposals

It’s (IIRC) the only question that is not explicitly worded and I wonder if it’s deliberate, so they can either pick whichever meaning suits them when the responses are collated

(tin foil hat anyone ? – 2 for a fiver)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Civil partnership petition’ is closed to new replies.