• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by LeeW.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Civic Tourer- owners and reviews
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

In the process of changing cars from a 2011 petrol Civic hatchback. The Tourer (probably a 14plate SE+) is the top contender having driven the Mazda 6 and Hyundai i40.

Has anyone had one for a while that can comment on the driving/ride quality aspect? I’ve had a few out for test drives and they seem ok but long term use is a better indicator.

jimmy

I’ve had one for a year now – a 14 plate SE+ 1.6 dTEC.

It is nice to drive – I wanted a “small big car” and that’s how it feels. Not as spacious as the 02 Golf estate it replaced but not many small estates are these days. The sloping boot puts pay to that, but it is big enough with a couple of clever bits: the “magic seats” int he back. They lift up to give a load of easy extra storage, providing no one is sitting there obvs. And also is has an under-boot storage, or “gun cupboard”. useful for putting stuff in that’ll always stay in the boot or just extra space – could probably get a sizable suit case in there.

Drivewise, its very smooth, powerful enough if you don’t need to break your neck off the line or top 90-100mph quickly. Mpg is great, 60+ on a run. Gearbox feels nice. We mostly do short runabout journeys (nursery run) or long stints down South – its good for both. Clarkson reviewed it and mentioned something about the stop/start. Its completely inconsequential but because I read it, I notice it. I shan’t say what – up to you.

I’m not totally convinced by the dashboard and displays – personal thing and mostly aesthetic than functional. I don’t mind it.

Ummm, anything else? It gets filthy really easy and constantly needs hovered. That might be the 15 month old’s fault rather than the car.

stumpy01

jimmy – are the seats still on a ratchet lever, rather than a twisty knob to adjust the back angle?

I seem to remember a review online where the reviewer was moaning about the seat adjust, saying that he felt either too reclined or too upright as the ratchet lever didn’t have the fine adjustment of a twisty knob.
    My Wife’s 308 had the same type of adjustment & I found the same in that….

LeeW

Had mine from new in 04/14, done 60k miles without it missing a beat, absolutely no issues at all with it.

Loads of room up front though I wouldn’t want to be in the back seats on a long journey. Loads of room when the seats are down in the back though the stadium seating is a bit of a gimmick, used to get my 56cm road bike in the boot without dropping the seats.

I’ve had a 2.2 Civic in the past, the 1.6 is pretty gutless in comparison but it’s good enough for me. Easily get 60+ on a run, and have achieved 370-400miles on half a tank (Pointer on the line)

Leather seats were hard to start with but have softened over time. Interior marks quite easily but it does feel pretty solid compared to the equivalent Ford/Vauxhall offerings.

My seats are on a levered, indexed ratchet rather than a dial.

jimmy

Yes, same seats here. Understand the issue with them but fine for me.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

LeeW, do you change the suspension settings (presume you have a SR/Ex?)

LeeW

I do, I think it’s on normal or dynamic. It’s mostly motorway miles I do.

I can’t remember the model designation, it’s the second from top model.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Civic Tourer- owners and reviews’ is closed to new replies.