Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Civic Tourer- any owners
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Toying with changing my 2004 Accord.. its old but solid, and just looking ahead to when I decide to change (probably a rust related decision!)

fionap

Test-drove one a while back and the steering was horribly twitchy. But others have said it shouldn’t have been like that, so maybe it was a fault or something. Apart from that it was really good. Honda appear to have some pretty good deals on them at the moment.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

We have the hatch. Great car.
    1.6 diesel gets 65+ MPG all sorts of roads. Magic seats are ace.
    Drives well, a bit vague in the steering feel, but its not a sports car at the end of the day.

Looked at the tourer, but it was new at the time and deals were non-existent.

LeeW

I’ve had one since April, 1.6 Diesel engine which is ok, no where near the 2.2l for power and torque but the lighter weight engine has improved the steering a little. I got 62mpg today on a 450m round trip to Plymouth, driving with the flow of traffic ;))

It’s cavernous, I can get my 56cm R3 in the boot, wheels off and all my riding kit, without putting the seats down. The seats aren’t that comfy on long journeys though your Harris may be softer than mine.

If it were comfier and had more poke I’d have one again, it’s a shame Honda don’t do the 2.2 any longer my new shape hatch was like a rocket ship (compared to what Im used to).

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Seems to be a few comments on the seats..

Will test both engines, petrol better acceleration but a lot less torque.. low mileage user so not sure mpg is a real factor

LeeW

Magic seats is the wy they fold in the rear, it’s superb!

I’ve owned a new shape hatch 1.8 petrol too, shite.

parkesie
    Free Member

Looking at the new ones or the older ones?

simon_g

My dad bought one a few weeks ago. He really likes it, but he’s a serial Honda owner and loved that they’re still doing normal petrol engines with proper automatic gearboxes. They have a pretty big dog so normally it gets the rear load area (with a dog guard) and they flip up the rear seats and use that as a “boot” for bags and stuff.

I had an older (58 reg) hatch which I ran for a few years and really liked it. Crazy amount of boot space, plus the clever seats – having space underneath was really useful even when they had passengers in them. Biggest criticism was the fairly harsh ride, which I believe they’ve fixed on the current gen. If it hadn’t been stolen there’s a good chance I’d still have it.

Personally I tried an Auris hybrid estate a little while ago and very nearly bought one – up against the Honda I’d still take the Auris any day.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

New style.. will look at the hatch too +towbar rack but theres a bit of a lip on the boot- Accord Tourer is huge and flat!

Magic seats look ace, but longer journey comfort is a concern i’ve seen on a few reviews. Fancy the adaptive rear suspension if I went down the tourer route.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

We have the bog standard seats and I find them super comfortable.
    We drove to Italy and back in a weekend, ~2000 miles. Most comfortable seats I’ve had in a car, but not as supportive as previous Recaros – but that is given.

warton
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2008 civic.

Never missed a beat. coming up to 80k on the clock now, and I see no reason why we won’t have it with 180k on the clock.

magic seats are lush. i can get my road bike in the rear seat space in 30 seconds, seats up, wheel off, and in. Boot is huuuuge. I have the 2.2, gets about 50mpg, and goes quick if you want it to.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Civic Tourer- any owners’ is closed to new replies.