Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • City Breaks ? , For the Missus and I.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

So myself and Mrs Stanfree didn’t bother with presents for each other but plan to have 3 nights somehwere non uk soon. We have done the usual Paris , Amsterdam , Munich , Madrid , Barcelona , Baleriacs , Canaries and New York.
    So thinking Krakow , Prague (midweek) or Berlin.

Any suggestions from above or otherwise. Your thoughts or abuse are appreciated.

lucien

Rome for me, been twice and would go again….and I’ve been to most of the others in your list

unknown
    Free Member

Been anywhere in Scandinavia? I really liked Stockholm (or based on your username maybe Gothenburg?!) Also preferred Cologne to Berlin. Brussels or Bruge worth a look too.

ourmaninthenorth

Bruges – beautiful, and in the right part of Belgium.

Nice – one of my favourite cities.

Lyon – gastronomic capital of France.

Boston – fun, though blinking freezing at this time of year!

(Abuse – you can’t leave the country until you get your “me, myself and I” sorted out…!)

ElShalimo

Venice
    Sevilla
    Santiago de Compostela
    Annecy
    Lisbon
    Verona

jambourgie
    Free Member

Have you considered Birmingham?

Birmingham.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxZ1xn2ml10[/video]

spud-face

Krakow was ace (recent poland thread) when i was there in the summer, at least a weekend’s worth of things to do at a relaxed pace.

I was pricing up Gdansk/Danzig recently for a few days away – the old town looks nice:

and i think it worked out at £75 for flights (from stansted) and four nights in a hostel. Though i probably missed some stealth charges on the flights. To do it non-tightwad fashion should still be reasonable i’d guess.

Alternatively Luxembourg’s dull, but very pretty if there’s snow (and i enjoyed the train journey back through a blizzard)

superfli
    Free Member

Another vote for Bruges. Lovely city.

hora
    Free Member

Bruges. Looks dull and crap until you go there.

Or Berlin ja?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

+1 for Rome here, but also Florence. I’m not an arty fatty type, or a religious person, but I was fascinated by the history and works of the classic artists and the Basilicas. There is a high speed train between the two that takes a little over an hour, so could do a day there from Rome. Tallinn is supposed to be really nice, though I’ve never been. I’ve done Bratislava, which is a smaller version of Prague, but a nice place to spend a couple of days.

Cities on my list include Vienna, Madrid (been on a business trip but would like to return), and the main cities in the Scandinavian countries. Also fancy Reykjavik.

Stoner
    Free Member

Lisbon.
    Ive been a few times for work and loved it so took Mrs S there last year for a weekend break.

Great nightlife – kicks off late, goes on till early morning. Lovely old town for moochy walks.

Take the train out to Cascais. Visit the bocca do inferno – a nice walk. In Cascais have Arroz de Marisco for lunch overlooking the coast with a glass of Vinho Verde.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Did you like Barcelona? If you did then San Sebastián should be considered. It’s like a cooler Barcelona without the pickpockets and better food.

alexpalacefan

Graz?

UNESCO world heritage site.And it’s a direct flight from the UK.

APF

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks , some good advice so will look into some of the alternatives.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Gibraltar

wolly
    Free Member

+1 for krakow really enjoyed it, beautiful city lots to do, cheap to eat and drink out

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘City Breaks ? , For the Missus and I.’ is closed to new replies.