• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by timc.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • City break in Liverpool… Recommendations?
  • munkster
    Free Member

Possibly not the obvious choice (or is it??) but fancy giving it a go – any suggestions for nice (not ridiculous) hotels and where to look? Cheers!

loddrik
    Free Member

Yes, it’s a great idea. It’s the best night out in the country and is rammed every Saturday with people in from out of town. And I should know as I drive a black cab at the minute.

Try the Hard Days Night Hotel, right next to Mathew st. Loads of new hotels & hostels around Seel St, again it’s one of the main places for bars and pubs etc.

Jury’s inn and staybridge suites ae close to Albert Dock. Malmaison is pretty nice, Hope St Hotel if you want to spend a bit more. There are 5 travelodges and 4 Premier inns around the city centre if you want mainstream.

Contrary to the media stereotype, Liverpool is the safest large city in the Uk.

munkster
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks for that, will take a look at those suggestions.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 for Liverpool being a great night out.

Last time we were out there We had a wonderful night at Alma De Cuba, excellent meal, great “show”. Try the Phil too , just to look at their listed lavs. Nice pub that too.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Went to uni in Liverpool–great city, plenty there to keep you entertained for a weekend
    Hope St Hotel is really nice and in a great area, within strolling distance of both Phils (the pub and the concert hall), at least one theatre and some nice eateries

rogerthecat
    Free Member

+1 was there this weekend, if the weather is nice the docks are fab.
    Museum of slavery is thought provoking but good.
    Museum of Liverpool is worth a visit.
    Water sports centre in the dock is good fun.
    People are generally nice, just watch your alloys. 😀

chrisridesbikes
    Free Member

Stopped over in Liverpool a few times and enjoyed it.

The williamson tunnels were a fun low budget intriguing visit.

http://www.williamsontunnels.co.uk/view.php?page=about

munkster
    Free Member

Feeling the love for Liverpool here, thanks! 🙂

vinnyeh

Hope St Hotel is very nice.
    Try booking.com – we were very lucky and got a family room for 104/night for a Friday and Saturday.

lodious
    Free Member

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza near Albert Dock…it was great. Had a really good night out, the people were great and really nice atmosphere when out on the town. Went to some Cuban bar in a converted church which was really good…decent music and two great looking dancers getting everybody up on stage.

It was the best night out I’ve had in ages, I’d rate it very highly.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Strangely I was there this weekend as well. Got the ferry over from Woodside, wandered around town for a while then went back via Seacombe. Its 30 years since I was last there and I cannot believe how much its changed (for the better).

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Went to some Cuban bar in a converted church which was really good…decent music and two great looking dancers getting everybody up on stage.

Alma de Cuba

project
    Free Member

very safe place, merseyside police take care not to allow trouble, try and avoid concert square, seems to be a bit of a problem, with drunks,lots to see, the Pier head, museums, the mersey ferry, albert docks, cycle hire on many streets, thats cheap,and so many hotels and budgets,liverpool 1 shopping centre,great modern and older buildings and a trip up the st johns tower is worth it, thats the big concrete tower, with a donut at the top, with a radio station and lots lots more.

woody21
    Free Member

Have stayed in the Jury’s Inn not far from the Arena and the Holiday Inn opposite Lime St Station – both ok

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a recommendation. When you come off the M62 it goes to 40 but goes to 30 after going under the flyover. It’s not obvious.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’m down there most Saturday nights,lots to do,proper pubs with good beer just ask.
    One big event coming up is the Liverpool puppets http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-27723671
    The place was rammed the other year so bear that in mind if you’re planning on booking somewhere that weekend

project
    Free Member

as above the giants parade sounds a bit dull on paper, but was absolutely heaving with happy people, a fantastic spectacle and well worth following.

timc
    Free Member

Great advice above, who are you with? wife? kids? lads?

Note: The Phil Theatre / Hall is currently getting a refurb.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘City break in Liverpool… Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.