Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • City bikes – what do you use?
  • corroded
    Free Member

I'm moving back into a city soon, which is excuse enough for a new bike, which I'll be using it exclusively in town so no need for a mtb with slicks. Does anyone have any recommendations or bikes to avoid?

I've had a Langster before and currently fancy a Surly Steamroller but gears are OK too. Price not an issue yet as I'm just making a shortlist. It'll have its own high-security bike cage so doesn't have to be deliberately ugly either.

Tips please…

theflatboy
    Free Member

i use a pompino, solid and tough as i'm sure you know. the pearson touche looks nice, my mate might be getting one shortly so worth a look at that as well.

GW
    Free Member

A BMX – plenty pubs let me take it in but more importantly they fit in the taxi home.

MrAgreeable

I'd go with flats not drops, give an old MTB or road frame a new lease of life and get gears – for hauling stuff, loaning to friends who occasionally ride, or for when you're too hungover to get up a hill.

corroded
    Free Member

BMX is nice idea but I think I'm veering more towards mudguards, panniers, fluorescent jacket…

grievoustim
    Free Member

ss roadrat – with the headbadge removed and old inner tube wrapped round the downtube to hide the logo

cynic-al
    Free Member

Touring bike with discs, rack, mudguards and a triple.

But I also use it for training and occasional touring, and it's nice to have gears when I'm tired or returning with shopping.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Surly Big Dummy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘City bikes – what do you use?’ is closed to new replies.