Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Citroen Synergie woes!!
  • spook48
    Free Member

Hi needing a bit of advice regarding my Citroen Synergie HDI
    I have had it for 3 years, Y reg 150k on the clock ran like a dream until the other day.
    It has gone into some sort of limp mode, no power and a bit smokey when revved hard – might just about do 40mph down a hill! The engine management light was not on initially but did come on as I was heading to the local garage.
    We plugged it into the laptop and the only fault logged was -wire to clutch switch unplugged!! which it was! It must have come loose on my way to the garage!
    No other faults logged!!
    I have swapped out the vacuum switches to the turbo and EGR valve which has made no difference.The only other thing I have noticed is that the break pedal feels very high??
    Any Citroen Diesel experts among the Singletrack massive??
    Cheers

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Are the brakes especially stiff? Going by the mention of the brake pedal, it could be that the vacuum pump is iffy, which feeds both the brake servo and the vacuum solenoids which would also then affect the turbo actuator…

I hope it’s not anything more serious, as the head gasket went on mine, resulting in it revving out, unable to be switched off by the key as it burnt the oil… bloody thing got me in trouble with the law too; that said, it’s unlikey it would start due to low compression if the head gasket has gone, so probably not worth worrying about yet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Citroen Synergie woes!!’ is closed to new replies.