Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Citroen relay – anyone have one?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Got a chance to buy an ex minibus converted to a secure bike store at the back and still 6 seats 🙂

Any views/opinions?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

??

snaps
    Free Member

Yes we've run them at work since 03 plate & I've used them for motorcycle & MTB transport, generally good but we needed a clutch in one recently & the flywheel was damaged costing near £800 in total, the 04 plate one needed a gearbox at 70000 miles (£1300) & the wing mirrors on the 07 plate one are over £300 each!

parkesie
    Free Member

make sure the v5 documents are changed to reflect the 6 seats to avoid possible license issues. Other than that perfect weekend biking machine 🙂

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I've got the long wheelbase, mid height roof for work. Had it about a year now, 2.2 hdi 04 plate.
    Nice to drive compared to other vans and quiet too. In the back it's **** huge, can easily stand up and walk around. load length is just under 4 meters, can get my 4.5 metre ladders in using the space above the cab too.
    I love it, mainly for the shape, the side door sits back from the bulkhead by about 300mm, meaning I can get loads of shelves against it, without encroaching upon the sliding door.
    They're generally good vans, you'll see tons of really old ones still going.

tidyman
    Free Member

I`ve got an 03 plate,34000 on the clock,had it spray-foam insulated,fitted a propex blown air heater,carpet lined it etc. Spent a good chunk of last winter in the alps in it drives great! get one!

Should have no major problems Rob. Ren't

Just be sure you don't get a non-turbo 1.9d, as you'd be quicker walking. They aren't slow in a leisurely driving kind of way either, they are painfully slow.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

There good little vans. Had mine for a year!

SOme parts are expensive! Windscreen wiper motor unit 160quid plus vat!

Other than that mines been good!

Not that quick though and not the best fuel economy!

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Keep looking dude, I bought mine for 1950!
    04 LWB semi hi roof, 75k, full Citroen dealer history. It's had a few run ins with the odd fork lift mind, but doesn't look too shabby overall.
    Saw a similar van in a local dealer for 5k. Had 120k miles but full length roof rack and ladder

RustyNissanPrairie

as above, 1.9 non turbo is gutless, gearbox went on the works van @70k, went for scrap.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

got mine for 1500 with 100k…..

Again a few dents from its life but otherwise sweet!!

I really would not expect to pay much over 2k for a minter!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Citroen relay – anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.