• This topic has 74 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by 66deg.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Citroen Cactus – fresh or w**ky?
  • bol

I’ve got to chose a new company car quite soon, and have just noticed the Citroen Cactus. It’s light, cheap, roomy, different looking, well equipped and economical. It is also really isn’t trying to be “sporty” or aggressive or pissed off looking, which is what puts me off most new cars. Question is, will I still look like a tosser driving one – just a different type of tosser?

lucien

Depends if you replace the ** with a “ck” or an “nk”

Jamie
    Free Member

Worky?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I like it, it’s different.

northernmatt

I like the look of it. Makes a change from the endless stream of Qashqais and Jukes I see around here. Here is a review from Richard Porter of Sniffpetrol.

bol

I thought I’d leave people to make their own minds up. It is a bit wacky, but then that could be the same thing…?

properbikeco
    Free Member

wonky

njee20
    Free Member

Wckky or wnkky?

bol

It was sniff petrol that piqued my interest.

Tom83

The things stuck on the door look shite imo.

northernmatt

The 110HDi engined one has a claimed fuel consumption of 83mpg! That is bonkers for a car that size that isn’t a hybrid. Mostly to do with the fact that it weighs barely over a tonne. If I hadn’t got the Berlingo 6 months ago it would be on my list of cars to consider.

konabunny
    Free Member

is 17 grand a lot of money for that car or is it just me?

it looks quite cool but I’m not sure id want to look at it every day

isto
    Free Member

I like the look of it. Makes a change from the endless stream of Qashqais and Jukes I see around here

Agree with this….at least it is a bit different. What are the other choices?

bol

I can have whatever I want within reason, but as I work in the NHS I’m conscious of not wanting to be flash or extravagant. Had a Prius last time and currently have a Mercedes B class (which is a bit flash, but was peanuts to lease).

Sandwich

I like the look of it. Makes a change from the endless stream of Qashqais and Jukes

Jokes is the preferred reference here

northernmatt

Unfortunately I live in the vicinity the Nissan plant and anyone who works there can get three cars for them and family for buttons per month and they all seem to go for either a white Juke or a black Qashandqarry. Every other car seems to be one it’s a bit depressing. Hopefully now Nissan have introduced a normal car again (Pulsar) that may change but it’s doubtful.

shermer75
    Free Member

The plastic bits on the doors will take a bit of getting used to but I quite like the overall ethos

chakaping
    Free Member

So long as you won’t have to take the depreciation, why not?

Not really my kind of thing, but have to admit it looks funky fresh.

joolsburger
    Free Member

It looks too busy for me especially the airpockets

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

Quashandqarry

Quashquow

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

cliffyc
    Free Member

It’s one of those quirky Citroens,just hope it ages well and won’t look too dated down the line?

titusrider
    Free Member

Citroen back to their quirky best imo

withersea
    Free Member

QuirKy and fresh, saw loads in France earlier in the year and loved them. Or you could blend into the background in a focus (yawn)

winston
    Free Member

rather have a Duster

Citroen do interesting things but that is terrible!

robdixon
    Free Member

HonestJohn seems to rate them…

passtherizla
    Free Member

Like it apart from the weird door panels.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Irrelevant what it looks like, it’s french so it’ll spend most of its life at the garage

rhid

I saw one in the flesh this week and liked it. It was a greeny colour with browny panels which wasn’t the best combo but the car itself look good.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Are the door panels for when you slide sideways into a ditch? They look like a 70’s sofa that you could sit on comfortably whilst awaiting recovery.

angeldust
    Free Member

Reminds me of the Rover 25 streetwise. Thats not a good thing.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Good point angeldust it does and it isn’t.

_tom_
    Free Member

If it didnt have those weird bumpy door panels and was a bit sportier looking it might look just about passable.

tang
    Free Member

I had a feel of the side panels at the local dealer the other day. They are soft, but if easily replaced not a bad idea. I like quirky citroens and embraced the Berlingo for our run about. Not sure I want to look like a plastic Barbour insulated coat.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think they look ace. Cool and fashionable. Anythings better than yet another dreary grey BMW or Audi, that’s for sure.

northernmatt

Reminds me of the Rover 25 streetwise. Thats not a good thing.

It’s funny looking but not this funny.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s like the Evoques ugly wee brother

midlifecrashes

French and funky!

It’s as fresh and stylish as the Scenic SX4

But not so much as the Rancho

tang
    Free Member

I wanted a Rancho! Had to do with a matchbox one with yellow windows!

northernmatt

Pictures of cars with added plastic? May as well put this up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Citroen Cactus – fresh or w**ky?’ is closed to new replies.