Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Citroen Cactus
  • wombat

This isn’t a “What Car?” thread, honest, but…

Does anybody on here have any experience of the Citroen Cactus.

I can’t decide if I think they excellent or awful.

T1000
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve seen one in a Chevy Chase film

slowbloke
    Free Member

Whilst a “self healing” panel on the car seems like a good idea I dread to think how careless that will make some people in carparks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bregante

I’m sure I’ve seen one in a Chevy Chase film

tomd
    Free Member

I had one as a hire car for a week for work, drove a good old distance in it.

1.5 diesel I think, it drove quite well. It was a black one and quite liked the style and interior. I would consider buying one except:

It had one massive unforgivable flaw – terrible RH drive conversion. There was no where for your left foot to go except half on the clutch. Really uncomfortable on motorways.

So if you’re thinking of one make sure you test drive it!

mickmcd
    Free Member

We have two of them

Honestly can’t fault either of them

Fuel economy is 60-85mpg no trouble

Marmite styling till some idiot bumps it then you realise the plastic bits aren’t so bad

Handles like a drunk hippo but bounces over potholes quite comfortably though and the silly iPad is annoying

Both diesels are adblue and take 20 litres seriously every 16k service at 20k

trail_rat
    Free Member

I really want Citroen to overhaul the berlingo with cactus styling.

Lift it slightly give it some ground clearance for the road up to my gaff – stick on black bumpers and the healing side panels for the carpark dicks.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

The citroen c3 is getting the cactus look, comes out. Next month I think, pics on google
    They are a good car, great eco and comfortable seats. Looks are a personal thing as is the iPad type control panel but most manufacturers are going that way now.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Saw c3 in Spain last week. It suits the styling very well which is what made me think a berlingo cactus would be great.

If they could just ruggedised the interior too that would be great. Light coloured mesh seats in my forte have not aged well

mrmoofo

Rented one for a day, drove around manchester in it. It was horrible. Even made my old BX look like it was good quality ….

ebennett

Thought they looked God awful when they first came out, now scarily finding myself liking them 😳

angeldust
    Free Member

Friend has one, intended as cheap family car. He hates it…slow, bad handling, cheaply made, and he hates the way it looks. He only has it as he gets a (genuinely) very cheap family leasing deal. He has concluded it is not worth the shame though, and will be looking elsewhere once the deal is up.

A car for someone that doesn’t care about cars. Only buy if seriously cheap.

angeldust
    Free Member

Oh, and as a joke we parked a colleagues Audi next to it and taped egg boxes to the doors. Oh, the hilarity!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Had one for a week back in summer. Picked it up in Geneva drove it to Les Arcs in a combination of 130kph dashes and stop-start traffic. Drove it like a hire all week and the same back. It used €18 worth of fuel which was fairly remarkable.

I liked the iPad thing, it integrated with my phone and streamed my music etc, given more that a week I might have been begging for a simple botton or two, but who knows. It was good in town, high speed handling (long bends on the motorway etc) wasn’t great, plenty of grip but steering is very vague and it leans a bit for a modern car before it settles down. Can’t comment on the gearbox as I was having a hard enough time using it with the ‘wrong’ arm and I’ve got limited range of movement from a smashed elbow in my right arm so it was hard work.

My biggest gripe – it didn’t have a rev counter and I couldn’t hear the engine over about 30mph so I kept under or over revving it – I think there were change lights, but they weren’t obvious.

It was a diesel and neither fast nor slow really.

Super comfy seats like all good French cars.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Also the roof bars are plastic and I assume only for looks.

Is suspect the standard C4 is better in most respects, unless you prefer the look of the Cactus, which I do.

RustySpanner

It’s not really a C4, it’s based on the C3, despite the name.

I love the design and quite like the interior.
    Not driven one yet.

richardkennerley

I’ve got one!

I’ve got a petrol 110ps model and it actually feels pretty nippy, it pulls surprisingly well on the motorway. It’s comfortable, feels larger than it is, big boot, well spec’d for the money, roof bars take wing bars and a Thule 591, gets 50mpg, feels light.

However, the interior feels a bit cheap compared to the mini I had before, it’s only a 5 spd which is weird nowadays, the gear throw is massively long and took a lot of getting used to, visibility is awful, it doesn’t have a flat load boot, the touch screen screen initially seemed great, but it’s actually just very dangerous, give me proper buttons and switches please.

The airbumps have saved us from dings a few times in tesco car park and are a good idea, but does result in a Marmite appearance.

I’ve had it for a year and I do quite like it, but I’m already planning what I’m getting next!!

milky1980
    Free Member

Thought they looked God awful when they first came out, now scarily finding myself liking them 😳

Same here. Like the look of the new C3 too, that dash is properly different.

chewkw
    Free Member

Looks nice to me but not sure about the reliability.

parkesie
    Free Member

Tried a petrol liked it, bit awkward to get a bike in the back. Bougnt a Yeti but still love the look of the cactus.

mick_r

Had one as a work hire car. Was OK I guess…. The one major flaw was the heating and vent controls on the touch pad thing – not tactile like a dial or slider so you have to look at it to make any kind of adjustment. I’d rather keep eyes on road…
    Trail rat – there is a photoshopped cactus / c15 hybrid if you google it 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’d much rather have one than a Audi A3. At least shows you have something about your personality.

agent007
    Free Member

Like it or loath it, Citroen should be praised for making something so different to the usual German/Japanese jelly moulds.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Citroen Cactus’ is closed to new replies.