Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Citroen C6…Tell me about them
  • astormatt
    Free Member

I think the time may have come to think about getting rid of my current V50 T5, will put it through the next mot when it comes around but looking at options.
    The wife has been looking for ages at new Fiesta’s, Focus’s and V40’s but they don’t really do it for me.
    I quite like the thought of the C6. Big, French, Auto and the fact you don’t see many around really appeals to me!
    Reading mixed reviews online so part of me is thinking about at least taking a few for a test drive, but the other is pretty sold on one.
    Bit of a long shot but does anybody have any real world experience of them? I am looking at the 2.7 HDi but may look at the 2.2 if a better all rounder?

dmck16
    Free Member

FUGLY 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I remember trying to catch one on a French autoroute in my Subaru. The C6 was just cruising at a hundred miles an hour on a magic carpet of hydro pneumatic waftiness. Get one! BIg French saloons are bonkers good. My folks had three CXs, the XM was one the best cars I’ve ever had.

jonk

I loved my C5 and drove my mates C6 for a while. It is an excellent cruiser, great to drive and you don’t see many about. I would have one but i need an estate. I am gutted the newer C5’s have regular suspension!

tthew

My cousin, (who bloody loves citroens) would tell you that the 3 litre diesel is a better engine, with no worse economy. If you could find one.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I am gutted the newer C5’s have regular suspension!

Merde!

matt_outandabout

Shame they never made a C6 ‘Safari’….

newrobdob
    Free Member

It is a truly wonderful car and a crying shame Audis and BM’s have become so popular when the French do such amazing big exec cars

They only sold 800 in the U.K. I think so you might struggle to find one for sale anyway. Most are probably well looked after though due to being a bit niche.

Interesting fact – I have 4 Citroen c6 steel spare wheels on my 20yo Volvo 940. 😀

Not easy to find when they made so many of the cars and there’s only 1 spare on each car!!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I am gutted the newer C5’s have regular suspension!
    Merde!

Hold the merde, I think the top of the range ‘Exclusive’ models are hydropneumatic. Certainly my mate’s is and it’s a fairly late model.

parkesie
    Free Member

Correct exclusive c5 and some automatic versions are hydropneumatic. The 2.7 v6 in the c6 is also found in jags and landrovers.

lapdog
    Free Member

I owned one – a 2007 2.7HDI model for over two years. Great car very unique and very beautiful! Very special and a dreamy comfortable wafting drive. Lots of gadgets – heads up display, swivelling front lights, reclining heated rear seats (if you get a lounge pack), etc. It was designed for the French president so it’s got that luxury limo feel in a quirky French way.

Negatives are things break and can be costly to fix which was ultimately why I sold it. I was sad to see it go though. Have a look at the C6 owners website for more info about typical C6 issues – it’s a great resource. When everything is working it is one of the coolest cars to cruise around in I reckon.

will
    Free Member

That Volvo looks absolutely mint.

tthew

^^^ Agreed. That’s the classiest vehicle I’ve seen on here in a while.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Agreed. That’s the classiest vehicle I’ve seen on here in a while.

Thanks! 😳

Fast, top of the range when new so every extra you’d ever want, comfiest car I’ve ever sat in, and now it’s been lowered/stiffened handles better than it has any right too.

I’d love a C6, in light blue with cream leather. Mmmmmmm

astormatt
    Free Member

That Volvo is lovely! Thanks for your replies. Hunting for one close enough for a test drive…just looking at figures and the 2.7 is £500 a year to tax, may have to forget to tell the wife about that…

matt_outandabout

A friend up our road has one of those Volvo’s, inherited from his dad who passed away 18 months ago.
    280k on a petrol. Still goes, nothing for it’s MOT and nothing but service and tyres for last couple of years it seems. He is going to run it until a repair bill is more than a newer car. Although very plastic/square dash, it’s very comfy, practical and pleasant to drive.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Citroen C6…Tell me about them’ is closed to new replies.