Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
  • jk1980
    Free Member

This is a long shot, but has anyone please had a go at getting bikes (in bike bags) in a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso?

There’s 4 of us, plus 4 bike bags, and looking to hire a suitable car at the airport. Just wondering if its big enough for that?

Thank you

cookeaa

We have a regular C4 picasso and it’s been big enough to pack our family of four plus cases and stuff for a week and two bikes with wheels off. Centre seat folded down and you can cram luggage down the middle of the car right up to the dashboard (ours is an auto with the odd column mounted gear selector)…

TBH I will probably need to look at external racks and carrying solutions for this summer now our youngest wants to ride more too, along with my missus that’s going to mean four bikes.

We have some friends with the grand picasso version and it’s a bit bigger, the boots maybe 6″ deeper and the lid sits squarer so there’s maybe 25% more volume, but you have seats buried in the boot floor too.

But say Four adults, with four proper sized bikes (wheels off), plus luggage for a week each, All inside the vehicle? It’ll be a challenge, a few bags on laps or under feet and it might be doable, a Galaxy probably has more load space though…

hora
    Free Member

What are they like to own? Reliability etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    YoKaiser
    Free Member

I have one, I’d say no to 4 adults and 4 bike bags. 2 adults and all the bike bags yes.

Reliability is rubbish. Ours is a low miles 08 and I’ve spent a fortune. Cam belt went wrecking the top end, had various trim issues, binding brakes and the current (recurring) problem is a warning that every safety system has failed and the electronic brake doesn’t work properly.

cookeaa

What are they like to own? Reliability etc

French… 😉

Bullet proof diesel engine, clunky slow gearbox, stuffed with electronic novelties that I am still waiting to malfunction…

Its a functional family car, not a sexy drive, more like a motorised sofa.
    It’s got more luggage space than an estate but does worse on fuel… Standard MPV trade off.

It’s Good to load up and go camping and bike riding with though, sit on the slow lane and set cruise to 60-65 and meander to your destination…

The kids like it, and its cured me of any lingering boy racer notions, my missus can’t Park it but the same would be true of a yaris…

They are cheap to own used, mainly because a fair few got bought for disabled use under the (now scrapped IIRC) “motorbility” scheme due to the easy to use gears and then rotated back to the market making them quite common. It also means they were well maintained for at least the first ~50-60k… Which helps.

Avoid the pneumatic suspension on the older ‘exclusive’ models easy to fix but when it goes, potentially deadly…

TomB

YoKaiser, we had that ‘everything broken’ problem, new EGR valve, bizarrely, solved it. Ours is 08, wouldn’t buy again. Every window has had electric probs, various other niggles. Great practicality let down by reliability. OP, can’t answer your question, sorry!

edenshawbay
    Free Member

I took 3 adults 3 bikes a turbo and 3 bags to a race on Sunday,bikes only had front wheels removed and there was enough room even when badly packed.(Road bikes)

Tracey

We are on our third, all have been great cars, loads of room in them, up to last year have used them for regular Alps trips. Always had the 2.0l fully automatic ones. The latest hasn’t got as much room in it. We have had three up with three bike bags and loads of room to pack around them but cant see you getting four and four.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

TomB that’s exactly where I’m at with ours. We’ll be trading in our less problematic C4 hatch but as soon as I can I’ll move on the GP. I remember the boot switch went rendering the boot inaccessible . Took it back to the dealer for repair, they told me they keep a load of the switches as it happens all the time. What chance do you have!

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks everyone…glad I asked!

I was hoping that as it’s the “Grand” version we’re looking at that it might be ok. But it seems not so we might have to hire a Vito

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Citroen C4 Grand Picasso’ is closed to new replies.