• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by IA.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Citroen Berlingo – 4 adults + 4 bikes possible?
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can get 4 adults and 4 bikes in a Berlingo? Ta.

handyandy
    Free Member

Give me an hour and I’ll see if I can fit 4 bikes in mine with the rear seats down.

What sorts of bikes? I think I’ll struggle with 4 DH bikes.

trail_rat
    Free Member

In and on rack yes. Not a chance of 4 inside with seats up.

wl
    Free Member

handyandy – cheers for the offer, very kind, but I think trail_rat has answered my question for me. It’s trail bikes, but we’d all need to be in the car since we’ve got no rack. Looks like it’s a non-starter. Thanks both of you anyway.

danj

I’ve done it but it’s a tight fit. You have to take the wheels off all the bikes. I wouldn’t fancy going a long way like that, though.

You fold down the single seat and can get two wheel-less bikes down the side, then two in the boot at a bit of angle. Wheels wherever they’ll fit. I think that’s how I did it. There were definitely 4 bikes and 4 people in the car.

wl
    Free Member

danj – that’s great, thanks v much for this. Your suggestion is pretty much what we guessed in terms of configuration, so it’s good to know it works. We won’t have much luggage at all – just 4 bike packs. Journey shouldn’t be too long either, if we do go for it. Cheers again.

trail_rat
    Free Member

that must be the newer blingo then ? – its wider than its predecessor.

Sanny
    Free Member

For sure!

I’ve managed 3 bikes in bike bags, 4 folk and all their kit for a two week holiday in one so 4 not in bike bags will go!

GregMay
    Free Member

I can do 4 bikes 3 people…not that that helps.

IA

New shape berlingo works. Load like this:

Leave seatposts IN but take wheels out.

Bikes go upside down across the boot. Adjust seatpost height so that the dropouts are at window level – this gives you the extra width you need.

Single rear seat comes out. This combined with remaining boot space gives you plenty room for the wheels and your riding crap.

A couple bungees to hold the back frames in place (round rear headrests) whilst you load makes life MUCH easier.

(i’m 6’4 and ride enormous bikes and this works for me)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Citroen Berlingo – 4 adults + 4 bikes possible?’ is closed to new replies.