Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Citreon C4 Picasso
  • ernie

Just a celebration that my family is finally free of that steaming pile of turd that Citroen call a car. No offence to anyone that has one, but the past two years of ownership have been horrendous.

chomp
    Free Member

we felt exactly the same after ditching ours a couple of years ago

jonnyboi

congratulations!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Hilarious…

We bought a C3 Picasso just over a year ago when our daughter was born…

It’s a 59 plate with 33k miles on.
    While it suits our needs in terms of space and practicality it has been a bit of an unreliable dog. Weird faults I wouldn’t expect any car to see…

As soon as we are free of the travel cot, buggy and other baby paraphernalia we’ll be getting shot and going back to a non-French car….

I had my doubts before getting it but was swayed by anecdotes that “they really aren’t that bad”….we were burnt before with a crappy Peugeot 308 and should have learnt our lesson…..

TomB

Ours has also been a disappointment. 08 reg and had it since 09. A series of crap faults, Windows not going up, or falling down, egr problem that led to occasional terrifying engine cut outs, injector seals changed twice under warranty, tailgate falling apart, etc. Still got it though…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

There does seem to be a special kind of person who gets unreliable French cars.

Mines have both been great till now. 12 years old and one needed a rear axle and the camshaft taking out to reset the valve clearances.

Bar that just regular servicing and consumables.

For balance I’m the opposite and get unreliable vag cars. Last one I had was a complete bag of shit which leaked(scuttle sunroof and boot lid ),squeeked and steering rack died shortly followed by the engine.

Parts for Volkswagens cost a **** fortune as well.

backinireland
    Free Member

Failed injectors then lots of random engine problems.
    Computer couldn’t diagnose but a good independent mechanic suggested egr
    We just blanked it off rather than new egr which sorted it.
    Boot door opening itself and various other gremlins made me ditch it

mugsys_m8

It’s strange I don’t hear about french cars doing weird things here in France. Perhaps it is like the wine. We keep the best stuff for ourselves.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I had one on hire for a week. I would never buy one after that. A guy I work with bought one that is a few years old with low miles. It’s already dropping to bits.

stumpy01

trail_rat – Member
    There does seem to be a special kind of person who gets unreliable French cars

What does this mean…?

In our case we just buy the cars and drive them. I look after my cars, they get serviced when they should be and any work that needs doing, gets done.

Our Citroen in the year we’ve had it has been back to the dealer 3 or 4 times…

It had to have a new fuel tank level sender unit because it was telling us there was fuel in it when there wasn’t. The first time this occurred was about 30 mins after leaving the dealer when we picked it up. This set the tone.
    The dealer being crap at resolving it didn’t help.

We then had an exhaust bracket rusted through, which I should have noticed when I gave it a look over. Fixed that myself…

Then the passenger door lock failed meaning every time you shut the passenger door it locked every other door.

Now the power sockets front and rear have failed. It’s not the fuse…although that’s another hilarity. The fuse box looks like someone just threw a bundle of wires in and quickly shut the hatch…

The 308 we had never ran right. My Wife bought it at 14 months old. It idled badly and would almost stall when cold. The dealer reckoned it was all ‘within parameters’…even though it would kangaroo down the road.
    Then about a year later the cat collapsed leaving my Wife stuck on a busy dual carriageway with no hard shoulder. She lost faith in it at that point….

Oh, and both are/were 1.6 petrols and get through stupid amounts of oil….the light comes on in the Picasso about every 700 miles.

It’s actually really frustrating because the C3 Picasso is ideal for our needs, it’s versatile and comfortable. We’ve just gone off it because it seems like we’re just waiting for the next obscure fault to pop up….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wasn’t aimed at you don’t be so tetchy it’s Christmas.

Just pointing out some people get all the unreliable ones it seems.

Never mind it keeps em cheap for me.i d never buy a new one with my own money mind

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Citreon C4 Picasso’ is closed to new replies.