• This topic has 55 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by G.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Citizen Dave
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

It was one of the reasons they were so close.

mogrim

Duntmatter asks does anyone else do this:

Clearly yes:

(Albeit with less fingers…)

kimbers

going back to camerons speech, ive just read it and he is rebranding them progressive conservatives, which is quite reminscent of new labour

alwyn
    Free Member

It could be alot worse!

aracer
    Free Member

Strangely that’s not the part of his anatomy I thought GWB talked out of.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I love picture specially the TB photo in the background.

Obviously it’s not real………..but neither were the pair of ****.

konabunny
    Free Member

I knew Clinton was a voracious sexual predator but I did not realise he went that far.

That made me LOL (Clinton was a shagger but not a predator).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Clinton was a shagger but not a predator

He obviously left you with a positive impression.

konabunny
    Free Member

he did send me flowers, and that makes all the difference

kimbers

well clegg now says that there should be no summer holidays until this is addressed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8071792.stm

its sad no one will listen to him, as they are all on half term
    as well as the murdoch papers and the torrygraph all ignoring him because he isnt the messiah they see in citizen dave

i think clegg nicely summed up camerons speech…….

“David Cameron’s proposals set out in the Guardian on Tuesday were a masterful example of well-judged rhetoric free of substance and conviction.”

BigJohn

Not sure about any of this, but whoever the sniper was in Kimbers’s 2 pics on the first page – he needs to improve his aim.

G
    Free Member

its sad no one will listen to him, as they are all on half term

Surely he knows that so is this another piece of

well-judged rhetoric free of substance and conviction.”

?

kimbers

yeah probably – tho he does actually say what he wants to happen rather than camerons, ‘we will discuss at some point in the future’ ie typical politician weasle words

heres cleggs…..

In the first two weeks parliament would agree to accept the recommendations of the review into MPs’ expenses and allowances by the standards watchdog, draw up a bill to allow for the recall of errant MPs, and impose a £50,000 cap on individual donations to political parties in any year.

Constitutional reforms would then be introduced:

• By week three legislation would be passed to introduce fixed parliamentary terms of four years from 2010, denying the prime minister the right to name the date of general elections.

• By week four the new Commons Speaker would convene all-party talks to introduce a series of changes to parliamentary procedure that would be agreed by day 100. These include handing MPs the right to decide the parliamentary timetable and giving MPs a greater chance to scrutinise government spending and subject ministers to confirmation hearings.

• By weeks four to five parliament would pass legislation to allow a referendum to be held on electoral reform – the alternative vote-plus system proposed by the late Lord Jenkins – that would be held on day 100.

• By weeks six to seven parliament would pass legislation to replace the House of Lords with a wholly elected senate.

G
    Free Member

Utter shite! 7 weeks to get legislation through parliament to completely change the parliamentary system. Good job there is less than no chance of it coming to fruition.

Yet again we have the Limp Dems displaying a complete lack of political nouse at a time when they should be benefiting from the other two parties embarrassment. I despair!!

Anyone seen a credible opposition? I’m sure I used to have one, but I can’t remember where I left it…..

kimbers

when you put it like that….
    they should definately be making more of their position and clegg is obviously not the man for the job

the point is the 7 week timetable could work if you told MPs they couldnt go to their mates yachts in corfu until it was sorted out

and before you say thats too short a time to debate such important issues, this debates been going on for decades mps know what would make things better/ fairer

G
    Free Member

Yep I do put it like that.

Clegg clearly knows what he is saying and what the likelihood is of anyone listening to him or taking it seriously. He could say that the moon is made out of blue cheese and get as much notice taken of him.

Just think in terms of how the rules stand, and any piece of legislation being fully debated, challenged in the House of Lords, amended, the amendments getting debated and then challenged again. Quick law is almost invariably poor law, simply because its been railroaded through without proper thought and study. (think Dangerours Dogs)

The man is self evidently talking utter tripe. Much as DC is. However, the furore being whipped up does lend itself to hot air being expelled rather than clear thought being had.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Citizen Dave’ is closed to new replies.