• This topic has 55 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by G.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Citizen Dave
  • binners

Its easy to be cynical, especially when it comes to this smug, podgy-faced ****, who seems to have transformed into an apparent social revolutionary. But… can anyone remember an opposition leader not making this exact speech, almost word for word, just before an election.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8067505.stm

Devolving power, giving it back to the people, restoring representative ‘local’ government. Blah blah ****ing blah.

Weren’t Blair and this bunch promising exactly the same 12 years ago? And they’ve delivered the sum total of 2 monstrously expensive, toothless talking shops in the provinces. YAY!

Does anyone believe he’ll actually commit to one single word of this?

darrell
    Free Member

no

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

can anyone remember an opposition leader not making this exact speech

I can.

What Blair said was different. Something about a ‘Stakeholder Society’ and also some stuff about reforming the House of lords. Don’t know whatever came of it. He did do the devolution stuff and London Assembly/London Mayor, although it didn’t quite go according to his plan.

mt
    Free Member

I’ll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution
    Smile and grin at the change all around
    Pick up my guitar and play
    Just like yesterday
    Then I’ll get on my knees and pray
    We don’t get fooled again
    Don’t get fooled again
    No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And they’ve delivered the sum total of 2 monstrously expensive, toothless talking shops in the provinces. YAY!

OK – I’ll bite. The Scots parliament I guess you are referring to. It has actually done rather a lot. No internal market / foundation hospitals, no city academies, no private suppliers in the NHS.

Reduced prescription prices, end to warrant sales, different student funding arrangements

No question the Scots parliament has worked and is supported by most scots.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No question the Scots parliament has worked and is supported by most scots.

and funded by…….

😉

kimbers

nope cameron will play the man of the people card until he is in power

then he will start greasing the palms of all his oxbridge buddies and the various members of the CBI (aka future peers of the realm)who have been stuffing the tory war coffers the past year or so

basically the only people that will be better off under cameron are this lot

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No internal market / foundation hospitals, no city academies, no private suppliers in the NHS.

Tony Blair must be seriously p1ssed off – where did it all go wrong ? Weren’t you guys supposed to elect his hand-picked stooges ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH – behave! you know Scotland supports England thru the oil. The cash flows from Scotland to England!

Thats twice I have bitten on this thread

binners

Yes Kimbers. But look at their faces. Don’t they simply radiate a certain humility. A humble public service ethic that leads them towards government not in pursuit of wealth and power, but to genuinely do some good for society as a whole, particularly the weak an vulnerable 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Actually kimbers, for me that’s one of Cameron’s most (possibly) redeeming qualities – his ‘upperclassness’.

Maybe it’s just desperate wishful thinking on my part, but I’m hoping that Cameron will possibly show the more patriarchal benevolence which was once prevalent amongst the British upper-classes towards the lower-classes. A bit more of a ‘Harold Macmillan’ if you will. But I could be wrong – there’s no real way of knowing until he becomes PM.

Certainly the most callous, reactionary, and right-wing tories imo, come from more humble backgrounds – the Thatchers and Tebbits of this world. And the One Nation Tories invariably originate from more aristocratic backgrounds.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

But rather than just say it, they’ve written it down and told us how it can work!

Its all in The Plan

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You still banging on about that raving right-wing ranting nutter Dan Hannan, Zulu-Eleven ? 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…..the one who wants to scrap the NHS ? 😯

kimbers

i dunno about upper class patrochial benevolence, watched the alan clark diaries at the weekend
    and he was the son of a lord and a racist, mysoginist drunk who despised the common folk

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I soooo hope he is not elected. The country will regret it when he dismantles the NHS as he is pledged to do.

He is a deceitful nasty snobbish liar. One of the most unpleasant politicians I have ever know – worse than Blair

Best outcome – Hung parliament leading to PR

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I soooo hope he is not elected.

You’re not going to be a very happy bunny this time next year TJ 🙁

Although ….. “worse than Blair” ……it might cheer you up when you realise that isn’t possible.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well the only good thing for me about Cameron getting elected would be that independence for Scotland might well not be far behind. No more unrepresentative tory governments for Scotland ever.

Thing is – I am sure Blair was sincere but deluded from talking to his imaginary friend, wheras I am sure Cameron is simply a liar

sootyandjim
    Free Member

It’d take a hell of a lot to be worse than Blair, something I think even Cameron isn’t up to.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Read the book Ernie – then play the ball 😉

If you can pick apart Hannan’s carefully laid out arguments then feel free!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m enjoying what’s left of the BBC for the next year. Because once the tories get their hands on it, it could well be curtains

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I am sure Blair was sincere

LOL ! ……… the most insincere PM I’ve ever known. And not a liar ? LOL !

Thatcher was sincere. No one can claim that they didn’t know what they were voting for with her.

And she made it absolutely crystal-clear to me, that she was going to screw the country.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Since when were Blair and Brown types of wine?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ernie – my view. I think he was absolutely sincere just totally deluded. I think Cameron is a nasty opportunist liar

aP
    Free Member

I must admit that having been a member of the TRG, I can’t quite manage to sit Cameron with One Nation tendencies.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You think he was “absolutely sincere” when, as an ambitious young Labour party member keen to impress his fellow activists that he was leadership quality, he joined CND, TJ ?

Funny how he dropped the CND ‘baggage’ when impressing Daily Mail readers became more important than impressing fellow activists 😉

I’d like to sum up Tony Blair in just one word.

Unfortunately I can’t ………a liar, a cheat, a fraudster and a charlatan.

And didn’t he do well for himself ?

kimbers

the worrying thing is that cameron (and clegg) seem to have styled their appearance, manerisms, oily demeanor and fake smile on tony blair anyway
    it amazes me that cameronophiles cant see where he got it all from

duntmatter
    Free Member

erm…?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, but what about the ‘Tony Blair Thumb’ kimbers ? No other **** does that ….

And as far Clegg is concerned, he ain’t called ‘Camaron-light’ for nothing.

CaptJon
    Free Member

He got the thumb off Clinton.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Does anyone else do this?

..or this?

..or dance like a robot?

kimbers

blair looks like he should be growling like an angry kitty

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He got the thumb off Clinton.

That appears to be very true CaptJon.

So let me get this straight ……. Tony Blair got his domestic policies from Thatcher, his foreign policies from George Bush, and now, his “Tony Blair Thumbs” from Clinton ? 😯

Is there anything genuine about the guy ? 😕

The lying, cheating, charlatan, appears to have been an even bigger fraud than I thought 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

Because f course no-one ever used hand gestures to emphasise what they were saying before Clinton invented the idea. 🙄

kimbers

actually citizen dave was using the thumb gesture talking to a load of 6th formers on the bbc news last night

goon
    Free Member

I should imagine I (and millions of others) use it, and many other gestures, unconsciously every day. So fukkin what?

kimbers

i think the thumbs up thing is some kind of sexual phallic dominance thing
    body coaches tell them to do it to seem more authoritarian

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I should imagine I (and millions of others) use it ……… every day

No one has ever used it whilst talking to me. Freak.

trailmonkey

I always thought it made him look awkward and spazzy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

[Quote]He got the thumb off Clinton.[/quote]
    I knew Clinton was a voracious sexual predator but I did not realise he went that far.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Citizen Dave’ is closed to new replies.