Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Citeh: Pep to take over at end of season
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Well who would have thunk it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35461090

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ugh I’m really disappointed in him. Flitting between unrestricted budget to unrestricted budget . We better win it whilst we can . In Arsene we trust

tiggs121
    Free Member

City will dominate for some time now. Big budget and his ability to attract good players will prove too much for the rest.

binners

Does this mean we’re not the most hated club in Manchester?

To be fair, I suppose being utterly shite has helped us out on that score as well though

Klunk
    Free Member

be interesting to see him in a more “competitive” league, with all due respect to athletico & dortmund la liga is a 2 team league and germany a 1 team league…. and some of the teams that make up the numbers are just canon fodder.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yet another top manager whose reputation will be in pieces 2 years from now.

MSP

Jose to United and Simeone or Allegri to chelski now would make for an interesting clash of the managers.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I personally still hate United more than City. you did ask

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

hes a carrot to attract a big name?

rocket
    Free Member

No. Sorry.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

No. Sorry.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The wonderful “regressive” world of football – how to transfer money from the masses to the elite in easy steps…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

be interesting to see him in a more “competitive” league, with all due respect to athletico & dortmund la liga is a 2 team league and germany a 1 team league…. and some of the teams that make up the numbers are just canon fodder.

Jesus wept….

Klunk
    Free Member

Jesus wept….

well actually he laughed 😉

Mourinho told BT Sport: ‘I laugh when people compare a few numbers from a few different leagues and I can laugh because I have been in all of these leagues.

‘But when you see a 6-0 or a 7-0 in Italy or in Spain the people really know the difference between the top teams and the bottom teams.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The wonderful “regressive” world of football – how to transfer money from the masses to the elite in easy steps…

jambalaya
    Free Member

As one United fan tweeted (source BBC)

“City get Pep and we get a cure for insomnia”

Jose isn’t going to Man U, in fact Pelligirini might go there ?

Pep’s test will be whether he can win the Champions League. Arsenal aren’t going to get a better shot at the PL than this year.

avdave2

Well he managed the second biggest club in Spain so I guess the step down to the second biggest club in Manchester shows he’s not really up for a real challenge just winding down to retirement. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A text to the BBC Sport page

The overwhelming feeling is one of City on the way up and Utd taking over from Liverpool as the Norma Desmond of the Prem. I hope Pep to City is the catalyst to Utd having a massive overhaul of manager, players, scouting, recruitment, facilities and youth team. However, I’m not so biased that I can’t be excited to see what Pep in the Prem will bring, I just hope Utd can keep up

As it stands and unless Man U can do something massive they won’t be in the Champions League next year, same with Liverpool & Chelsea so factor in no CL football and managerial uncertainty who’d be on their way to old trafford over City/Arsenal/Leicester.
    No business in the window while out of the top 4 says LVG is on borrowed time so time for a new guy, a new system and less chance of getting the top players.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pieK7b4KLL4[/video]
    Perhaps this ad could start making a come back

Anyway this all from the view down in 18th

Caher

Makes you wonder how good city could be if they had a tactical genius AND all that buying power. Imagine if Clough or Paisley had that job. Could Pep get Villa out of trouble on a shoestring. Doubt it.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

While I don’t doubt his talent as a manager, it’s not really a challenge is it?

Here you go Pep. Have one of the most expensive squads in the world, you also have £150m to spend plus as a bonus you already have Sergio Aguero.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Imagine if Clough in Abu Dhabi telling the boss he just spent 150 million on’t lad from barnsley

hora
    Free Member

I 😯 when I heard the news. Go City 🙂

What the **** is going on at United? People complain about megabuck City, how much did United throw at their squad recently?

Rather than be jealous be envious and partly proud as its Manchester folks. You don’t see him going anywhere in Britain.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

To be fair, I suppose being utterly shite has helped us out on that score as well though

The fact that you describe being 5th in the table with a positive goal difference as “utterly shite” still makes you the most hated club in Manchester for me.

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t think he’s as good as made out to be. Barca and bayern were already way ahead of the competition when he took over. He’s no Ferguson and he’ll probably get a shock as to how much more competitive the premier league is.

hora
    Free Member

Who do you support loddrik? Villa?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Don’t think he’s as good as made out to be. Barca and bayern were already way ahead of the competition when he took over. He’s no Ferguson and he’ll probably get a shock as to how much more competitive the premier league is.

So how did English teams do against Pep’s Bayern and Barca teams then?

Generally well beaten is the answer.

Which going by the logic on here, he must be an amazing manager, as both of those teams play in leagues that are shit.

Garry_Lager

loddrik – Member

Don’t think he’s as good as made out to be. Barca and bayern were already way ahead of the competition when he took over. He’s no Ferguson and he’ll probably get a shock as to how much more competitive the premier league is. It’s true that the Barcelona side he took over were extremely strong, I mean Brendan Rodgers could probably have won the champions league with that team, they were that good. Under Guardiola, however, they did more than that – they were the best football team anyone had seen in a generation. Maybe several generations – Head and shoulders above any other side on the planet.

It’s an interesting comparison with Ferguson, as he never came close to doing that himself, with Utd. So it will be good to see how Pep handles City – money has literally been no object for them and they’ve yet to build a side that even dominates its own leage.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No English teams have come close to playing the football that Barca have in the CL in the last 5 years, Ferguson even admits that himself – His biggest regret is that MU never won more in that competition.

mrhoppy

The luxury that the Spanish and German teams have in the CL is that they can field their reserves in their leagues at the weekend and still be fairly guaranteed of an easy win, allowing them to ensure their key players are right for the main CL.

unless you’re playing Villa you don’t have that luxury in the premier league.

binners

The fact that you describe being 5th in the table with a positive goal difference as “utterly shite” still makes you the most hated club in Manchester for me.

Have you actually watched a United game this season? The problem isn’t just with the results. Its with the spirit-crushingly tedious, totally negative style of play. its absolutely woeful!

i’d imagine that, as you hate us, you’d be loving it?

martinhutch

I’m a little bit underwhelmed by it, TBH, as I think Pellegrini has done well, and it will probably unsettle the squad going into (and probably straight out of ) the latter stages of the CL.

What we really needed was to start sorting out the back four, given that Kompany will only probably be an occasional starter now.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Has Pellegrini done well? I’m not so sure he has.

dragon
    Free Member

So how did English teams do against Pep’s Bayern and Barca teams then?

Thanks to Sky we know that in England Pep’s record is:- lost 4, won 3 and drawn 3.

Also note the ‘little’ teams in the PL won’t play the same way, they’ll be much more physical and look to hit on the counter (similar to how Chelsea put them out of the CL in 2012).

However, the thought of a front line containing Agüero and Lewandowski is enough to give most defenders nightmare though 😯 With that those 2 I’m sure they’d be favs for the PL title.

martinhutch

Has Pellegrini done well? I’m not so sure he has.

PL champs in 2014, reasonable start to this season given the injuries to Kompany, Zabaleta, Aguero, Silva, 2nd and 3 points back. Through the group stages of the CL for a change, into one cup final already. So basically still on for a treble.

Perhaps my expectations have been tempered by being a city fan for a few decades, but most fans would be pretty happy with this.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I was thinking more that he has won only two trophies. The league once , and the league cup once , got knocked out by minnows in fa cups, not made inroads into the CL which was his main task and his players clearly still have an issue with playing away from home . B- could do better, hence Pep

martinhutch

It’s possible that the owners are seeing that the squad will need renewal for next season, and see PG as the right person to attract the talent. And I suppose they had to act now to secure him before he went to Chelsea or Utd.

Can’t see Yaya being at the Etihad next season, I was amazed at how lacklustre he was when I saw him play earlier in the season. Barely broke into a trot.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Have you actually watched a United game this season? The problem isn’t just with the results. Its with the spirit-crushingly tedious, totally negative style of play. its absolutely woeful!
    i’d imagine that, as you hate us, you’d be loving it?

Get a grip. I’ve just spent 3 years watching a team managed by Sam Allardyce.

dragon
    Free Member

they had to act now to secure him before he went to Chelsea or Utd.

They’ve been talking to him for over 4 years!! This is all about Middle East ego’s, they want the ‘best’ so they’ve got him.

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s another decent manager coming to the premier league, it isn’t the second coming, the way some of the media and city fans would have us believe. City will win some stuff, they way they would with any decent manager given the funds they have, they aren’t going to dominate the way Utd did. And I’ll bet, just like with Bayern, he’ll be off when his contract ends.

binners

Get a grip. I’ve just spent 3 years watching a team managed by Sam Allardyce.

You have my sincerest condolences 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Citeh: Pep to take over at end of season’ is closed to new replies.