Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Citalopram and tireness
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

It’s kicking my a*re..
    been on it for 4 months. Went through the inital sleppy stage where my body got used to it and felt ok and could ride. Now over the last 8 weeks I can’t do anything. Riding is out the window, and I’m just so sleepy. Small bike rides (1hour) end up having to call the team car and get a lift home. Any other experiences? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ahwiles
    Free Member

i am not a doctor, you should probably ignore me.

are you feeling the combined effects of a citalopram plus winter darkness? (both of these monkey around with serotonin levels)

could you see more daylight? / use a lightbox?

what’s your dose? – like any medication it’s probably not a bad idea to be on the lowest dose that still works, but some doctors seem quite happy dishing out 40mg doses – i’ve seen this dose turn friends into zombies. Would you consider slowly reducing your dose to see if you can control your symptoms with less?

i am not a doctor.

langylad
    Free Member

My wife has been on this medication for some years now, she hasn’t suffered the tiredness per say that you have, however she does fall asleep very easily, especially after alcohol.

Milkie
    Free Member

I found Citalopram didn’t affect my tiredness, but depression did. Once I got out of the depression the tiredness also dissappeared. FWIW I was on 10mg a day and I have some friends who could not use Citalopram due to feeling weird and very tired, but there are loads of alternatives.

birky
    Free Member

I’ve been on 20mg for 7 months. Although I’m tired and lethargic a lot of the time I don’t think taking it has made much difference either way than before taking it.

thepurist

Dose can make a difference – I was on 30mg for a while and just couldn’t wake up, but its bearable on 20mg. If its causing trouble talk to your GP as there are lots of alternatives to try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Citalopram and tireness’ is closed to new replies.