Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • cirque du soleil, anyone been to see it ? …. views please
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just watching cirque du soleil while eating breakfast, it does look amazing, anyone been to see them and what did you think , worth the money ?

andyl
    Free Member

Got Dad and his GF tickets for his birthday, they loved it.

Wish I had got 4 tickets so we could have gone too.

Jake25

Yeah, not cheap but worth every penny. They put on a great show.

cardo

We went a few months ago , amazing show ,the acrobatics and stunts are mesmerising.
    I’d recommend it and would go again.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve seen Saltimbanco and Alegria.

Both were astonishing, but Alegria was by far the better show.

You need to see them at least once.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Absolutely amazing visual and aural experience. Glad I’ve seen them.

paulevans
    Free Member

Saw them first whilst on holiday in Florida about 10 years ago. Since then have seen them a couple of times at Royal Albert Hall and once in Birmingham. Oh, flew to Vegas to watch Love, a C d S show inspired by songs by the Beatles!

Have to say that their residential shows are way better than the touring ones, but the touring ones are still very good.

mogrim

Been a couple of times, both were excellent but I’m not sure I’d want to go again – they get repetitive. But if you’ve not been before they’re definitely worth the money.

bearnecessities

Saw them at MEN arena couple of years back. Very good!

andyl
    Free Member

This has to be a first for STW. Everyone so far has enjoyed it!

prettygreenparrot

Been a few times. Well worth seeing, irrespective of the show you get to see.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Went to see quidam (I think) at the Royal Albert Halls. Was thoroughly disappointed. Miles from the action at extortionately priced seats, and I only really enjoyed the one girl performer balancing on poles. The circus clowns bit I thought were just filling/padding out the show. I’m sure there was some arty farty story line involved but for me it was a load of overhyped crap.
    Incidentally whilst in London village we went to see war horse and stomp, both of which we thought beat CDC hands down on entertainment value

onewheelgood

I’ve seen Saltimbanco, Allegria and Quidam, all at the Albert Hall. All excellent, but I’m not sure I’d go again. Three times is enough. So if you’ve seen them fewer than three times, go.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Thet come to Malaga every year. We always go to see them. Fantastic experience.

DrJ

As above – fantastic. Not cheap, but worth it!!

crapjumper
    Free Member

We’ve seen the LA NOUBA show 3 times at downtown Disney in Orlando . Expensive but worth every penny

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Saw Ka in Vegas. Excellent – especially when the entire stage flops up to vertical and performers drop the full height of it!

rone

Seen ‘o’ in Las Vegas, and I’ve never seen anything that matches the staging, and excitement of that. Also seen a couple of touring shows which are the next best thing.

There is a small element of cheesy-ness to the proceedings, and the clowns can be a bore but some of the acts and acrobatics are incredible,of which I’ve never seen anything staged so well.

Personally I think they make a nice change from less than talented live music performances that I find often disappointing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Definitely worth seeing and if you can afford it get the best seats you can as we’ve had one poor experience at the RAH being too far back and too high. I am a bit jaded havng seen them way back but the performers are amazing and the shows spectacularly staged. Whatever you’ve seen on tv seeing it love is stunning.

simon_g

Variable. They’re still touring some of their early shows in arenas which are less impressive, particularly if you’ve seen other modern circus acts. Format is usually some absolutely stunning acrobatics and the like, lots of padding out with unfunny clowns and artsy dancing about.

If you’ve not been then probably worth doing once.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘cirque du soleil, anyone been to see it ? …. views please’ is closed to new replies.