Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Circular, three day-ish tour ideas?
  • IHN

For a bit of idle lunchtime thinking/ daydreaming…

Three of us did the Yorkshire Dales cycleway this summer, over three days. First time touring, it were brill.

There’s talk of doing something similar again, any ideas for other routes?

whitestone
    Free Member

On road or off?

The Scottish islands are pretty good for road touring though you’ll need a day at either end to get there unless you are lucky enough to already live closer. There was also a NW Scotland trip mentioned on here a while ago.

ton

I am doing the trans Cambrian in 2 weeks time, followed by 3 further days heading north in wales.
    either option would be good for a 3 day road pootle.

IHN

On road

whitestone
    Free Member

OK. Rather than a lot of single questions, where are you based? How much time either side of the three days can you spare? How far are you willing to travel? What are you looking for in accommodation? Camping?

Basically more info = better answers 🙂

siwhite
    Free Member

Pannier.cc has a three day foodie tour detailed on its website. Cornwall, no less, which struck me as a jolly old jaunt if you had the inclination.

Yer ’tis – a most pretty website as well.

https://routes.pannier.cc/route/culinary-cornwall-tour

ton

knighton, rhayader, mach, llanidloes, knighton.

roughtly the trans Cambrian, but on tiny lanes. 124 miles.

IHN

Right, okay, me’n’her are in Cirencester, other chap is in Edinburgh. Day-ish either end to travel is acceptable. Pub/B&B accomodation in somewhere where there’s a pub for dinner. 40/50 miles-ish a day, ideally with somewhere halfwayish each day to stop for lunch.

Ton – that Wales one sounds like just the job

TheBrick
    Free Member

Chekc out sustrans. You could stitch together some of there routes in to a loop. I forget the name but did Aberyswith to Shrewsbery last year, you coul link that into som other routes to make up 3 days. Alternativly does ut have to be a loop? If you use the train it can open up some more possibilities.

dknwhy

I’ve done a couple of trips that might interest you – one was the sustrans – route 1 from Edinburgh to Aberdeen. 3 days. Loads of accommodation options up the coast and easy to get the train back to Edinburgh.

Second one I did was the eurotunnel (with bikes) and then cycle a loop to Bruges and back. I posted about it on the forum.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Raphas “Tour of Yorkshire”

Ohhh, you’ve done something similar 🙄

Do it again, backwards, on a unicycle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Circular, three day-ish tour ideas?’ is closed to new replies.