Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Circular route in the trossachs – Loch Arklet, Loch Lomond, Inversnaid
  • richmtb

Hi Guys

Has anyone ridden a route from Loch Chon / Loch Ard past a farm marked Comer over to Loch Lomond?

From the bottom of this north up the WHW to Inversnaid then up the single track road passed Loch Arklet and looping back to Loch Chon / Loch Ard

I think it would be about 25 miles but with a fair amount of tarmac.

Has anyone ridden this route?

Ta

Rich

seosamh77
    Free Member

not ridden it, but intending to use it for a cycle camp at the end of the month, as an easy road free way to get into the trossachs(train to arrochar and boat to rowardennen).

But from what I’ve read recently it all seems fine, no particular issues, think there used to be an irrate farmer about 10 years ago you had to worry about, but the law has put him in his place.

edit: read wrong, I’m intending heading up the track at cailness.

scotroutes

There’s now a cycle path between Garrison Farm and Loch Chon

richmtb

Thanks guys

Looks like the route up from Comer farm has its own Strava segment so I guess its totally fine.

All I need now is a sunny day

scotroutes

FWIW, I did a bigger loop starting at Balmaha then heading up NCN7 to Loch Ard, across to Loch Chon, Loch Arklet, Inversnaid and back down the WHW to Balmaha. There’s a wee bit of carrying south of Inversnaid but the rest is all pretty fast riding.

richmtb

FWIW, I did a bigger loop starting at Balmaha then heading up NCN7 to Loch Ard, across to Loch Chon, Loch Arklet, Inversnaid and back down the WHW to Balmaha.

Sounds like a decent days riding, any idea how far that was.

Assume none of it was too technical – I’m trying to come up with some “big country” loops for when I’m out with the wife. She can get round a red route at a trail centre but its not really her thing – much prefers a nice view to berms in the forest.

brakes
    Free Member

circular route in the trossachs

sounds painful, maybe you should see a doctor.

disclaimer: I’m not a doctor.

richmtb

disclaimer: I’m not a doctor.

or a comedian 😉

scotroutes

68km – 5 hours. The only “technical” section is the bit south of Inversnaid and that’s actually quite short (though a bit time consuming). Once at Rowardennan you can either weave in and out along the coast on the WHW or scoot down the road to Balmaha. Some really nice views – especially on the bit between the Drymen-Aberfoyle road and Loch Ard where you are following the line of the pipeline/aqueduct. I could send you a GPX file if it would help, though it doesn’t show the new cycle track as they were still building it when I was there.

Edit: I think I was on my tourer with some CX tyres. That’ll give you an idea of “technicality” 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Circular route in the trossachs – Loch Arklet, Loch Lomond, Inversnaid’ is closed to new replies.