Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Converting OS Explorer Grid Refs to Landranger
  • Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve got a race on Saturday for which I’ve been provided OS Explorer grid references. This isn’t much help, seeing as i only have a Landranger map of the area.

Is there any way of directly converting them? Also, is there any way of entering them into .gpx format for the GPS?

scotroutes

It’s the same grid 😕

rene59
    Free Member

If you are asking these questions I sincerely hope you have someone you can follow!

There are a few websites which will let you plot a route on an OS map and download it as a GPX route.

Walkhighlands is one, you just need to register for free. Bikehike.co.uk is another.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

And make sure you have spare batteries for your GPS…

matt_outandabout

Just add 37 to each set of three digits. You will be fine. 😉

smurfly13
    Free Member

Just add 37 to each set of three digits. You will be fine.

Oh you b**tard!!

Haha

geoffj
    mattsccm
    Free Member

Surely, you just double each number?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Surely, you just double each number?

Only if you’re using the tiberian conversion formula but then you’ve got to remember to only carry every third digit or you’ll end up miles away.

matt_outandabout

Don’t forget to remove two from the second digit in each set, for every five years since the map was printed. 😆

piemonster

Don’t forget to remove two from the second digit in each set, for every five years since the map was printed.

FFS, the magnetic deviation is at 2.736 degrees this year. Your adjustment would see you 312m off after 1km.

matt_outandabout

Remember you already applied ‘rule 37’ and the Tiberian, as correcting factors.

Pfffft.

Amateur.

piemonster

Minor detail, so long as you remain roughly within the same 100km square

matt_outandabout

😆

mattsccm
    Free Member

559 or 622? Neither maps work with modern wheels

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Converting OS Explorer Grid Refs to Landranger’ is closed to new replies.