Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cinema – those who can do no wrong
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0923736/#director Joss Whedon
    Just watched Serenity again which got me thinking he has done very well
    and after that
    Christopher Nolan
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0634240/
    Nailed it every time, what gets you to just watch something cause they did it

IHN

After the overlong pompous nonsense of Dark Knight Rises, what gets me to not watch something is if it’s directed by Christopher Nolan.

However, in answer to your question, I’ve never seen a Clint Eastwood directed film that I didn’t like.

nickc

Ron Howard’s films are almost always pretty decent story telling, and for me a Coen Brothers film is always worth a visit to the cinema (even if one or two of them recently aren’t up to their previously high standards)

davidjey
    Free Member

Coen Brothers.

EDIT: 11 seconds too slow.

bikebouy
    Free Member

IMO Wes Anderson has yet to do anything remotely unenjoyable.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and before we go further…
    Hello to Jason Isaacs and Fairport convention

Coen’s is a good call, actually enjoyed Hail Caesar damm good fun

PrinceJohn

Robert Rodriguez films I often find hugely enjoyable

SaxonRider

I am with bikebuoy on this.

I also like Wim Wenders. Even when the story is crap (such as Million Dollar Hotel), the cinematic vision is still beautiful.

spawnofyorkshire

I am with bikebuoy on this.

I’m not… not seen a Wes Anderson film i truly enjoyed yet.

Don’t think there is a director who can do no wrong. My theory behind that is a really good director will try something new and push boundaries. It’s going to go wrong for them, it’s what they do next that’s the important bit.
    There’s Scorsese films i love, but also ones i really dislike (Shutter Island). Ron Howard has made some amazing films but then he’s now made three Dan Brown adaptations that somehow mangaged to be worse than the books and made Tom Hanks look like a <mullet>sh*t actor</mullet>

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cinema – those who can do no wrong’ is closed to new replies.