Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Church Stretton campsites
  • Pieface

I’m planning to camp with the family at Church Stretton in about a months time. I like the look of Little Ashes campsite, but any other recommendations much appreciated.

MartynS

Stayed at small batch campsite in little Stretton. Basic but really good. The pub nearby is great as well. (The red brick one, not the white one)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

There’s a very basic one on Prolly Moor (sp?), or there was, just over the Mynd below the Glider Station. Also another one down by the Onny river with a David Bellamy environmental award or somesuch, again if my memory serves. Will do some Googling….

Nick

2nd for Small Batch, the Ragleth Arms pub serves great beer, there’s a great walk right out of the site taking in Ashes Hollow to the top and back that’s about 7 miles which my 11 and 13 year old managed easily.

Nick

Foxholes is good too, just down the road nr Bishops Castle

http://www.foxholes-castle.co.uk/

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Before I forget – The Bridges at Ratlinghope is quite a singular pub to recommend – real ale, a little river out front, – just a great, quiet, pretty location. Have had a few idyllic times there. They used to have good live music, not sure if they still do would have to check their FB page.

http://www.thebridgespub.co.uk/accommodation-at-the-bridges/

There is a campsite called Brow Farm just a short walk away (linked from the pub website)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member
    Houns

Stop recommending my favourite places to hide away at! 😡

I prefer the Dragon to the Ragleth. The Bridges is fab and have looked after Miss Houns and I a few times

Houns

Have also stayed at the green. Campsite is good however pub next door is a bit meh, there is another pub a walk up the hill but food can be typical pub stuff, nothing special . The bridges is a couple of miles away for much better food

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

stop recommending my favourite places to hide away at!

I’m sure there’s a few of you hiding away there 😉

pirahna
    Free Member

I’m in the Yeti pic outside the Bridges. 🙂

There is a youth hostel just round the corner, less than a minutes walk from the Bridges, you can camp in the grounds.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Church Stretton campsites’ is closed to new replies.