Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Church Stretton (but not the Long Mynd)
  • Esme
    Free Member

Anything worth riding on the other side of the A49?
    I’m looking at Hope Bowdler, Caradoc, Lawley.
    Or should I stick with the Long Mynd?

styles
    Free Member

You could try Hopton or Ludlow. Both are not far from Church Stretton. Hopton has a good route put in by Pearce Cycles and there is loads of riding over in Ludlow at Mortimers Forest or Bringewood

bluebird
    Free Member

Eastridge is worth a visit too.

scruff
    Free Member

I like the other side of the road. Not as good for actual riding but it’s lovely countryside and alot quieter.

Scamper
    Free Member

Used to live in the hills above Cardington, Scruff. As you say, lovely countryside. Start in Cardington and take BW up between Hope Bowlder and Caradoc. There is BW singletrack around Bowlder and over it. There is also a rideable track zig zagging up Caradoc from the Bowlder side. Lawley is rideable up from the east (if there was a BW of course). There are other trails in the area too.

mrhoppy

It’s nice for a change but not as good. Eastridge and stiperstones is a better area IMO.

Esme
    Free Member

Thanks for these suggestions!
    I shall check out Strava Heatmap for more ideas.

Garry_Lager

I have quite a nice booklet of Church Stretton mountain bike routes by Ian R Jones. Think it’s several years old – I’ve only done the Mynd side, but he has one going up to Comley, Folly Bank, Willstone then Cums Rd, L on BW toward Hope Bowdler but drop down past Helmeth wood and then Church Stretton. 10 miles.

jakd95
    Free Member

I live very close to Stretton when I’m at home.

All of those hills are worth doing. I’d probably do Hope Bowdler hill first and the drop down to Caradoc. Then over to Lawley and then back over Caradoc. There’s a really steep techy descent off the south end of Caradoc that I love. Quite a few of the tracks are cheeky footpaths though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Church Stretton (but not the Long Mynd)’ is closed to new replies.