• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Chunky Monkey/Smorg and two conti inners for £35 – On-One content.
  • motozulu
    Free Member

Never used these tyres but for that price I’m chucking the chunk on the front and the smorg on the back – brilliant value IMO. Has anyone already got these fitted? Just waiting for them to arrive hopefully tomorrow.

Now waits for peeps telling me they are shoite and I cudda got Nobby Nics cheaper somewhere.

sambob
    Free Member

I love mine on my 29er, run tubeless. Very very grippy, Chunky Monkey is a bit draggy on the front though. I can’t be bothered swapping to anything faster until everything dries out a bit though.

flyingmonkeycorps

I have a Smorgasbord on the back. It doesn’t appear to have killed me yet, so it must be ok.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrismanc
    Free Member

Smorg on the back here and so far so good. They are a full 2.25 wide if that’s what you are looking for also.

A tad on the heavy side though tbh, but still roll nicely.

Kwacker9
    Free Member

I think I weighed my Smorg & it was 950g, ridden on them once – plenty of grip/good volume.

So far so good for me.

Clobber
    Free Member

Enjoying a monkey on the front… it’s definitely not a beaver or mud-x in the out and out mud (like we have at the moment) but for the rest of the time I can live with that.

Good high volume winter tyre, grippy, tough, tubeless easy, heavy…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Chunky monkey is better than smorgasbord in every dept

motozulu
    Free Member

Cheers – looking good then.
    It’s a bit of an experiment tbh – they are going on my pretty basic, heavy Merida matts 300 so I don’t think I’ll notice the weight – more interested in the grip.
    I have a Cube reaction pro on the way and will equip that with Nobby Nics once the original Ralphs and Rons wear out – just curious to know others experiences so ta very much.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

If anyone has a chunly monkey to swap fro my 3 ride old smorgasbord email em robjackson@hotmail.co.uk

doom_mountain

Chunky Monkey / Smorg combo has been on my Pitch all winter through snow, ice and mud.
    Grippy and predictable, doesn’t seem any heavier than the Minion /High Roller they replaced.
    I think I’ll get another pair for the hardtail which is taking shape in the shed 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

doom_mountain – Member
    Chunky Monkey / Smorg combo has been on my Pitch all winter through snow, ice and mud.
    Grippy and predictable

Seconded, a fantastic combination at a silly price. Buy them now

tonyleics
    Free Member

I have two smorgasbords (26inch) i was going to go front and back but i notice no one seems to be using them on the front any reason for this?
    I have also been trying to mount them to a 26inch mavic crossmax ust rim, tubeless but have been struggling them almost seem too loose on the rim. My irc mybro’s mount frist time every time but these i am really struggling with any suggestions?
    Cheers
    Tony

tmb467
    Free Member

I’ve got the monkey on the front and smorg on the back

Only had a few rides but they seem good, although the first few miles were a bit iffy

Smorg is on back to front on the rear and even on mud they grip well. Circa 810g each as well so not too heavy

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I put a tube in and left them over night. removed one side and the tube. Used neat washing up liquid on the bead and POP using a track pump

motozulu
    Free Member

I have two smorgasbords (26inch) i was going to go front and back but i notice no one seems to be using them on the front any reason for this?

I don’t see any reason why you could’nt run them both? Only reasons I’ve got the Chunky up front is they are the same price but I wanted a 2.4 out front rather than a 2.25. Smorgs only come in a 2.25 width I believe.

nuke

Anyone run a 26″ single 50a 2.4 Chunky Monkey on the back for more AM riding…maybe not as draggy as the dual ply but still capable? Off to the (maritime) Alps next week and wondered if it would compliment the usual Minion front

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Chunky Monkey/Smorg and two conti inners for £35 – On-One content.’ is closed to new replies.