Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • chunky monkey ok tubeless?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I’ve not had any problems setting up tubeless before, stand rims and yellow tape..

On-one chunky monkey went up and seemed to seat ok, but has gone down in like, maybe half an hour.. Are they particularly porous?
    Any experiences to report?

enigmas
    Free Member

Set up ghetto on a Stans Flow I found it a little baggy and needed a C02 to get it seated. No leaks at all though once seated. Maybe go for a quick spin to get the sealant everywhere?

Also I found I had to keep pressure above 25psi or it started to feel wobbly, never actually burped it though.

enigmas
    Free Member

Set up ghetto on a Stans Flow I found it a little baggy and needed a C02 to get it seated. No leaks at all though once seated. Maybe go for a quick spin to get the sealant everywhere?

Also I found I had to keep pressure above 25psi or it started to feel wobbly, never actually burped it though.

porlus
    Free Member

My chunky monkey is soft. Probably 20 or less psi. But haven’t ridden my mountain bike in a couple of months. Smorgasbord rear has hardly lost any pressure at all though. So maybe the chunky monkey is slightly more porous

scandal42
    Free Member

Popped mine on stans crest last week. Straight up first time, no psi drop since that 1st pump up and ridden twice without issue.

Real test in the peaks on sat.

Also they have very sturdy side walls, ideal tubeless candidates imo.

nuke

Put a CM enduro on a rear Flow rim before heading off to Molini for a week…went up easy, stayed up and was a good tyre for the trip: no burps or any problems and great grip

dantsw13

Mine is on a XM819. Went up easily, no loss of pressure. Are all CM the same? Do they all have the “ekso” carcass?

yunki
    Free Member

It’s gone up much better the second time around.. A couple of bubbles of sealant briefly at on point on the rim but still fine and holding pressure..

nealy
    Free Member

CM and Smorg are both great tubeless IME

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘chunky monkey ok tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.