Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chumba XCL/VF2 vs Lapierre Zesty vs 575
  • jimmy

As I have nothing better to occupy my mind with these days, can someone help me flesh out the argument between these bikes. Tempted by the 575 frames on offer currently, also can get a deal on the Zesty but like the sound of the Chumbas too.

Hmmm.

forge197
    Free Member

I have an XCL but not ridden the others you mention but have had a Pitch and some Five's. It's a great bike and feels very confidence inspiring on the trails both on technical descents be it slow and technical or fast flowing descents, climbs well, excellent with Lyric's as they can be wound down if need be.

The pro-pedal works well with the frame setup and it doesn't blow through the travel which is nice.

Also you have the chance to change rockers and slacken the angle a little if you fancy that too, so pretty flexible in what you can do with it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I think a chap called Si will turn up in a minute selling you a Chumba….

forge197
    Free Member

Forgot to add that ChunkyMTB 🙂

jimmy

Also you have the chance to change rockers and slacken the angle a little if you fancy that too

I do I do, that sounds perfect.

I've seen Si on here before but the rocker news is great. He posted a thread some time ago about a shorter travel bike with slacker angles, which is what I'm after.

I see he's in Chesterfield, too. Perfect.

phildowling
    Free Member

I've just order a Chumba VF2 with Si and can't wait for it to arrive, cracking looking frames with good reviews and a top bloke to deal with 🙂

Be using mine for my guiding work and may even do the odd 24 solo on it
    🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Skills Guiding have your ordered that with a CCDB?

jimmy – sure Si will be along in a bit 🙂 As mentioned above he is great to deal with, as are Chumba themselves quite an accessible organisation and open.

si-wilson
    Free Member

I have owned a 575 and can honestly say that both the XCL and VF2 are way stiffer than the Yeti.

The XCL is super tough, but if you don't need the burleyness of the XCL (even though it is not heavy) then the VF2 is for you. It is very versatile and can run a CCDB just as well as an air can. The suspension action is very linear throughout its travel, which feels very predictable and bottomless in all situations.

If you are interested mail me and I will see what i can do for you 🙂

ruminant
    Free Member

Where yer bin si, everybody's been waiting fore ya

si-wilson
    Free Member

i have been in my brothel, chillin with my crew, want some? 🙂

ruminant
    Free Member

you mean chillin with your broth, i know how you chessy folk like your soup

where's that info i requested?

metalheart
    Free Member

can only comment on the vf2 from first hand experience.

its a nice bike for sure. and capable. find it quite confidence inspiring.

i've had 'issues' with rp23 rebound and would recommend you consider the CCDB (okay its probably way over spec'd for the vf but tunable from stock). I'm going to stick a coil shock on mine (but thats me all over).

I was well impressed with a mates Spicy 914. I like the look of them too.

The yeti just doesn't do it for me i'm afraid…

phildowling
    Free Member

Gone for the RP shock at the mo and see how it goes, i want to keep the bike reasonably light and at the mo i've got the cheap Pikes to slap on it so every lbs helps.

Should be here early next week so will stick some pics and let you know how it goes next week 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Chumba XCL/VF2 vs Lapierre Zesty vs 575’ is closed to new replies.