Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chuffing Dropbox!
  • dan1980
    Free Member

I need to share some files with someone for work, vaguely urgently so I thought I’ll stick them up on dropbox – they’re around 50 MB each, and I’ve got 5 of them to share.

I upload 3 out of the 5 without problems, then dropbox starts whinging that it’s full, so I delete a 200 MB video, and try again. It still says it’s full.

I’ve cleared my local cache, made sure the deleted file is “permanently deleted” from within the web interface. And still nothing! 2 hours on, and it’s still apparently “Full” and I’ve also cleared a further 300 MB of highly important stuff crap out from it. I’ve emailed their support people, but doubt I’ll get anything other than a pre-written RTFM response.

Have I broken it/them, or I am just being dim?

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe compress the files first using winzip or some other software? **

** I have no idea if this works on Dropbox but no harm in trying.

dan1980
    Free Member

They are already zip files (!) which is a shame, but what concerns me more is that I’ve supposedly deleted the best part of 600 MB (out of my 2 GB limit) and yet it still says it’s full.

I have to be doing something wrong…. 😕

Cougar

I had this with SugarSync ages ago, turned out that over three quarters of my storage was some sort of “previous versions” feature. Maybe there’s something similar on Dropbox?

Also, apologies if this is condescending but, are you sure you’re cleaning out the same account you’re trying to back up to and you’ve not got two accounts on the go?

dan1980
    Free Member

I definatly only have the one account!

I think the Previous versions issue should be overcome with the “Permanently delete” function.

I’ve now permanently deleted all files, and it still says it’s full 🙁

leffeboy

If you still need to do it then create a OneDrive account for free, upload and then send then the links. That should get you out of the hole

PrinceJohn

wetransfer.com always works for me.

Xylene
    Free Member

I lost my drop box account. I only had one that was a premium account. They claim it must be another one so all the photos from the last few years have all gone now from the auto camera upload

antennae
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve put a fair bit of time and energy into deleting stuff and contacting support. How much is your time worth?

It’s a great service, so personally I would just stump up a fiver a month for the premium version. 1Tb of space, so you can forget about deleting unless you film 24 hour races on your GoPro 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chuffing Dropbox!’ is closed to new replies.