• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Fop.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chuffin' bins
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

We’ve now got two wheelie bins and a selection of Plastic boxes for our household waste / recycling. Currently they are all taking up valuable space in the garage and I don’t want to put them in the back garden (only access is through the garage and I don’t want to have to look at them when sat in garden!). We’ve got a small patch of grass (approx 2m x 4m) out the front of the house which I’m planning to replace with gravel (at some point). I could put the bins out the front, but they’d look horrible and I don’t want the plastic boxes blowing about. I’ve seen there are loads of bin stores available, but do they actually look any better? if not are there any other options I’ve missed? Thanks.

RealMan
    Free Member

Neighbours garden?

SST
    Free Member

I was walking down a street with quite small front gardens the other day when it suddenly struck me that the predominant feature of each house wasn’t rose bushes or garden gnomes, but 2 f*^k off big wheelie bins next to each porched front door. Once you notice them it does look pretty sh*te 🙁

thomthumb
    Free Member

my mum shoves em down her back passage

footflaps

Two huge wheelie bins?

We should be so lucky – I’ve got three of them and my neighbours have 6 (student house = lot of rubbish)!

JEngledow
    Free Member

my mum shoves em down her back passage

*snigger*

davewilson
    Free Member

Down the back passage! 😆

I’ve seen there are loads of bin stores available, but do they actually look any better? if not are there any other options I’ve missed? Thanks.

I know what you mean, I’ve just been looking for a solution for ours as the only place I can put the bin is by the front door (which the missus hates!) All the wheelie bin covers I’ve seen don’t look much better. Best I’ve seen is this one which looks like a plant pot but alas it doesn’t seem to be available yet! 😐 If you find anything decent enough please let me know as if I don’t sort it she’s gonna make me put the bin in the back garden! 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is a **** mess isn’t it?

A neighbour of ours filled his glass recycling bucket and when it was overflowing he just piled up more bottles approximately near the original pile.

Eventually I decided to take them all to the recycling centre for him (and took the bucket off him too so it won’t happen again).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

davewilson – you could soon make something like that by buying wood from your local timber merchants but it does look a bit daft really.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve discovered that the composting food bin starts composting in to fetid mush whilst still in the house… and that the refuse collectors don’t seem to want to collect it when it smells.

What drain for pouring rotten food down?

Fop
    Free Member

Cobble together a three sided screen/shelter out of some wooden posts and that reed screen stuff from the garden centre. Did something similar in my back garden to hide the garden furniture when not in use. You could even climb some plants up it to make it easier on the eye!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chuffin' bins’ is closed to new replies.