• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Earl.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Chromebook Acer C720 2mb
  • Earl
    Free Member

Just about to hit the button on one of these from Currys (Grrr!)and pick up tomorrow £199. Any body have any problems with them?.

I saw stoners PAS on the samsung but I need something asap.

allthepies
    Free Member

Bought my Mum one for Christmas, she loves it. I’ve had a play and it’s great. Fast, light, mega battery life and super quick startup. Keyboard is a bit fiddly but manageable.

Faster than the Samsung Chromebooks.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I got one from the family for xmas and am using it right now – very nice indeed and no issues, go for it.

wiggles
    Free Member

Got one about a month ago, love it fast, battery lasts ages.

chorlton
    Free Member

Don’t know about the C720 but got the girlfriend an C710 2mb with the 16gb ssd for christmas and it’s great. You can get the same model but with a 360gb hard drive if you need a lot more storage offline but the one I got her has an sd slot anyway, so I’m glad I went for ssd model. Very fast. Hogging it as I type. 😀

Got it from Argos btw.

molgrips
    Free Member

My Dad just got one from my recommendation. It’s amazing, really. Turn on, surf. That’s all there is to it. It really does ‘just work’.

Earl
    Free Member

Thanks all i will pick one up tomorrow. new tech makes me nervous but I’m sick of typing on a tablet. the only thing is skype doesn’t work on it….

Stoner
    Free Member

True, but hangout works great

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s actually a brilliant move by Google. We’ve been sold more and more powerful PCs for years, and we’ve actually been doing less and less with them.

Given that most of what we want to do is surf, they’ve made a computer specific to just that job, instead of any job anyone might want to do one day.

No drivers to install ever, no software to install ever, in principle nothing can go wrong. It should last as long as the hardware does.

Slogo
    Free Member

good luck if you have any warranty issues etc

Because Currys/PC world are ****[i]

IvanDobski
    Free Member

No experience of the Acer, but Chromebooks in general are great, I’ve got a Samsung which I’ve been really pleased with for about a year now.

Turns out they’re really starting to take off now as well…

clubber
    Free Member

Very very happy with our HP chromebook 14 which imo is a more useful size for a laptop rather than tablet (ymmv if course). More importantly, so is Mrs Clubber.

Only £250 too.

molgrips
    Free Member

The small screen makes for a smaller device, which makes it easier to handle when sat on a sofa, picking it up, handing it around etc.

But it’s a fair point – screen size is one of the things to choose on.

chomp
    Free Member

had a samsung one and had to send it back as the trackpad was an utter nightmare. Any pressure on the palm rest area and it would register it as a mouse click, and move the cursor to wherever the mouse was pointing.

Was very swift, but I’m not a fan of google docs which was another bummer.

Oh and I missed some of the software I couldn’t run on it as well, and the lack of being able to run evernote offline was another deal breaker.

If it’s just for web based stuff, and you don’t mind using google docs then it’s a great nippy machine.

samuri
    Free Member

Got my son a Samsung for christmas. he’s very happy with it but I was shocked at how flimsy it was.

molgrips
    Free Member

Chomp it sounds like you didn’t really understand the concept of a chromebook…

Earl
    Free Member

Yep currys/pcworld are besd avoided but I cant find anywhere else that has them for sale.

molgrips
    Free Member

We bought from PC world in Hereford and they were pretty good. They seem to be making an effort lately.

clubber
    Free Member

Mine came from tesco. I got club card points for it 😉

Earl
    Free Member

Minor rant

$199 over the pond – £198 here for the 2mb.

And the 4mb version is not even avail in europe. Are us Europeans just more memory efficient?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Chromebook Acer C720 2mb’ is closed to new replies.