Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chrome Now Available For iPhone/iPad
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Like all Google apps on iOS, glares at Gmail app, it will probably be pap. Also, it has been compromised to a certain extent to be allowed on iOS (more info here), but I figure some might want to have a look.

iTunes Linky.

Now, if I don’t see an Android/Apple bitchfest below, I will be very disappointed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I see a simple solution to that one….

and it doesn’t involve an i-anything

Stoner
    Free Member

I love google/android, hate apple, but but wouldnt wish Chrome on the apple monkeys. Its not even very good on android! 😉

Drac

I love apple/iphone, hate android, but but wouldnt wish Safari on the android monkeys. Its not even very good on iPhone.

So can’t see me trying Chrome.

brant
    Free Member

I tried to download it last night and it said it wasn’t available any more?

GrahamS

Hmm based on that article I can’t see any good reason to use it over Safari.

wrecker
    Free Member

How can you hate a bit of hardware?
    It’s like hating a bike.

Jamie
    Free Member

I tried to download it last night and it said it wasn’t available any more?

Likewise, but worked this morning.

Hmm based on that article I can’t see any good reason to use it over Safari.

Personally, as I use Chrome on my Mac, the ability to sign in and have tabs/bookmarks/passwords and even omnibox entries sync is a very nice feature.

Depending on what happens with Mountain Lion/iOS6, with similar services being offered via iCloud, this need may change….but going on how iCloud, and the dev previews of Safari, currently look, then probably not.

Plus incognito mode for looking at smut

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not tried it on Android yet, but will when I upgrade.

Sign in and sync is a great feature. Use it over 4 PC’s now and things just being there is so brilliant you forget about it and think it’s the norm.

GrahamS

Personally, as I use Chrome on my Mac, the ability to sign in and have tabs/bookmarks/passwords and even omnibox entries sync is a very nice feature.

Mmmmm.. not sure I particularly want to give Google all my passwords! 😯

(Safari bookmarks sync automatically between iPad and iPhone – but not passwords)

incognito mode for looking at smut

Safari has that but it’s tucked away in Settings.
    Personally, if I engaged in such filthy activity, I’d use SkyFire which has Private Browsing and can play Flash video (and I definitely wouldn’t want it syncing my tabs!)

sharkbait
    Free Member

glares at Gmail app

Do you not use the built in mail app to get your gmail?

vorlich
    Free Member

Sparrow is a quite nice iOS/Mac mail app. You can get Opera on iOS too, but’s it’s not as good as the desktop version.

mogrim

Mmmmm.. not sure I particularly want to give Google all my passwords

Why not? They know everything else about you already 🙂

Seriously, the chrome sync between machines is excellent.

ericemel
    Free Member

Going to give this a go – shame it cannot support full java features like safari

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chrome Now Available For iPhone/iPad’ is closed to new replies.