Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chrome browser issues. Anyone else?
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

Chrome is annoying the hell out of me.

Downloaded and installed the latest version of chrome.
    When I search for something using the omnibox/address bar it only ever returns 10 results per page. My search settings say give me 100 results per page.

Anyone else have the same issue?

scotroutes

I’ve just checked and I can’t alter my search settings – it’s always 10. Mind you, I don’t see this as an issue.

chrisdw
    Free Member

You have to take it off instant search to get it to display more than 10

fasthaggis

Yup,found Chrome annoying for a few things ,so I swapped to Mozilla.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Google instant is disabled.

when searching using the omnibox do you get the results page with or without a search box? ie. the omnibox retaining the search query not the google url.

dan1980
    Free Member

Try modifying the google search entry that the omnibox uses.

Click on the spanner, and under basics look in the search section and click manage.
    Click add, and put in:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%s&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=&pws=0

Make this entry the defualt, and off you go. I think!

scholarsgate
    Free Member

@dan1980

You’re my hero!

unovolo
    Free Member

Not had that issue but have noticed that it has begun to be unresponsive and just randomly freezes(not my internet connection either)

Using ‘Maxathon’ instead and quite pleased so far ,synchronizes with my tablet running the same browser and has cloud tabs.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah Chrome seems more flaky the last few months and adblock just seems to kill website responsive now

cheers_drive

Chrome on my Nexus 10 is really peeing me off by closing the keyboard when you typed something that matches a previous search.
    I like the fact that it syncs my pc, tablet, and phone viewing history and bookmarks though. Do other browsers do that?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chrome browser issues. Anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.