Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chrome book – any suggestions?
  • stevemorg2

My eldest wants a Chrome book for his 16th – I’ve had a look and there doesn’t seem much to choose between them – anyone have any suggestions? Sub £200 preferred

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We bought an Acer one, and it’s been great, sorry that I can’t be much help but from the research I did, it seemed that they were all much of a muchness.

allthepies
    Free Member

Acer C720 here, great bit of kit.

chorlton
    Free Member

Got the missus an Acer Chromebook last Christmas and is excellent. Was just under £200.

Stoner
    Free Member

Samsung and acer for 149 at morgan computers.

I have 2 Samsung and bought and tested a acer for colleague. Both much of a muchness. Both v good.

molgrips
    Free Member

We have an Acer and it’s great. However the new Dell one is getting great reviews, have a look at that.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Acer here also. I got it for xmas last year and I was sceptical at first – oh how wrong I was.
    Excellent bits of kit.

cp

dell chromebook 11 are £186 from the dell outlet, or 162 for scratch and dent one.

Those are for the 4Gb memory versions rather than the cheaper 2Gb.

nemesis
    Free Member

Just to add that my HP chromebook 14 is great though slightly over budget (available at £225ish) – the bigger screen may be worthwhile depending on use.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

+1 for the Acer. It seemed to have the best balance of weight/size and battery life.

I had one with a slightly dodgy keyboard. I reset it (easy), swapped it at the shop (easy), logged into a new one (easy) and was back where I left off with incredible ease (so so easy). OK, so they might not be Apple levels of quality but they’re not Apple prices either. Recommended.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chrome book – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.