• This topic has 2,564 replies, 264 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Merak.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,565 total)
  • Tamiya and other R/C vehicles (not just for Christmas)
  • RDL-82
    Free Member

Well I’ve finally succumbed to the temptation and hold you all accountable!

DT03 Racing Fighter on it’s way. Rather excited!

Just ordered the kit for now, will sort all the transmitter etc out in new year. Any recommendations?

stumpyjon

Bigwig, controller and paint etc. all wrapped waiting for next Monday. 8)

Northwind

I am ashamed. I bought a cheapie off Gearbest. I was just minding my own business at work, checking our facebook messages and up popped an advert, I was poweless to resist

[video]https://youtu.be/qMGhgZCl90s[/video]

Northwind

Northwind – Member

I am ashamed. I bought a cheapie off Gearbest.

Actually I bought two. The awesome truck hasn’t arrived yet but my cheapy 4×4 “crawler” (useless at crawling) arrived- one of these, for £12.24

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_365016.html?wid=121

No torque, and terrible turning circle but we bashed it around remorselessly for 2 days without a hitch (bouncing down the stairs in the house, tearing around in the snow…). So I decided to see what’d happen if I fitted a 2S lipo and it became INCREDIBLY AWESOME, for about 15 minutes, and now I think I’ve burned out both of the drive motors (they smelled amazing).

I don’t think I’d have had as much fun with a proper car tbh 🙂 Next step- see if I can replace the motors.

phil5556

I had an original Top Force. I remember my dad taking me to the shop too choose a car and a second hand (nearly new) Top Force was the car of choice.

I didn’t like the pink it had been painted though so it got a new shell ??

I used it for years but finally sold it, probably for peanuts, when I need some cash. It was quicker than my mate’s cars, had proper limited slip diffs, oil shocks and carbon fibre. I wish I hadn’t sold it, looking back I think it was a pretty decent thing ??

[/url]
    upload image to link[/img]

phil5556

I’ve got a Baja Champ in the garage that hasn’t moved for a few years, I cracked the chassis, bought a replacement and I’ve never got round to refitting it. Tbh it never felt as good as the Top Force and my battery/motor combo didn’t seem to work that well so I lost interest.

drewd

Actually I bought two. The awesome truck hasn’t arrived yet but my cheapy 4×4 “crawler” (useless at crawling) arrived- one of these, for £12.24

I am liking the look of the awesome truck. I’ve seen the cheaper one you bought on Amazon, although not as cheap as you got it and they review fairly well.

I managed to resist buying anything, although the FTX Outback V2 is tempting.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

A mid life crisis a few years ago led to me building this super-grasshopper from wrecks bought off ebay:-

Then a vintage associated RC10, lovely cars, and nothing would beat it in it’s heyday:-

Jerome
    Free Member

Big racer of 1/10 back in the day.
    Indoor with an original optima.
    Get racing if you can..

wiggles
    Free Member

phil5556 – Member
    I’ve got a Baja Champ in the garage that hasn’t moved for a few years, I cracked the chassis, bought a replacement and I’ve never got round to refitting it. Tbh it never felt as good as the Top Force and my battery/motor combo didn’t seem to work that well so I lost interest.

give me a shout if you fancy selling the baja champ…

Similar story to you was the first “proper” rc I had my dad took me to pick it up from a guy in the free ads. Sold for peanuts when I cooked the electrics…

phil5556

@wiggles will do but I’ll probably keep it, swap the chassis over and get it running again eventually.

Unless it’s worth £100s 😉 which I doubt Very much.

Bullet

I have an old 1/10 nitro 4wd saloon car that hasn’t been run for ages. Keep thinking I should strip and rebuild it but not sure what bits I need as it’s not made any more. Branded as a PowerZone S10 touring car (although it came with a Subaru WRC rally car body). I’d like to put ball races in the hubs and new wheels and tyres/air filter but no idea where to source them? Any suggestions most welcome.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Bought my girls a tamiya lunchbox each for Christmas, we’ve had great fun with them so far. So much fun I’ve just treated myself to a hpi savage flux!!!!

wiggles
    Free Member

Nice, always got to outgun the kids 😆

This is my current “fleet”

https://flic.kr/p/22YNihN

Losi mini 8ight
    Losi mini 8ight-T
    Losi TEN-SCTE

The little one is the fastest! at least 60mph with a 3s battery.

EDIT: why dont flikr pictures embed?!?

phil5556

Feeling inspired, after about 10years of it sitting there broken, I’m rebuilding mine. Pretty much from scratch as it’s the main chassis that needs swapping.

Also seeing as I remember it never ran very well can anyone recommend me a decent (but budget) battery, speed controller, brushless motor combo please? I want it to be quick but not uncontrollably quick. Already has ball races.

image url

seadog101

Somewhere, probably in my brothers or patents lofts one of these is hiding…. would so dearly love to find and rebuild. Not the best performance wise, but a looker and massive fun.

phil5556

Nice. Have you seen this?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I want a sand scorcher like this

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I got a nice toy grade drifter for Christmas.

I swapped the shell as it was a blue and orange aston martin to start with and I fancied a bit more of an Initial D look.

wiggles
    Free Member
    Northwind

Ooh I was just thinking about one of those. For the cheap Mad Bull that I definitely didn’t buy off ebay, whatever anyone may say, because as I said up the page

Northwind – Member

I’m making an actual grown up decision

Well the car was cheap but inevitably I’ve already bought shocks and bearings for it.

RustySpanner

🙂

Not had a chance to have a pop at mine yet – been working and had relatives round.
    Off next week though.

Have picked up a radio, servo, bearings, batteries and charger which came to more than the cost of the bloody car!

Can’t wait to get stuck in now….

phil5556

wiggles – Member
    Phil5556-

Something like this would be plenty In that

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoolRC-Upgrade-Waterproof-3650-3500KV-Brushless-Motor-with-60A-ESC-Combo-A3V5/282598254986?epid=22010939915&hash=item41cc2b298a:g:c6gAAOSwmVBZhEzT

Double check motor dimensions will fit

Cheers but I’ve decided I’m not going to spend too much on this one, I’ve just bought a £10 HPI can motor, which should be a bit better than the standard 540. The one in it looks a bit knackered, it’s been bashed at some point and the brushes are past their best.

I’ve bought a new 2.4GHz radio & receiver and have half a plan to get hold of a Top Force like I mentioned further up ^^^^. IF I do then I’ll go brushless in that instead.

phil5556

It’s alive, rebuilt it last night into the new chassis. It moves but batteries are knackered so not had a proper run yet, hopefully new battery arriving tomorrow.

new upload photos

Northwind

I like the scale banana ariel accessory

titusrider
    Free Member

this is mine, from a couple of years ago now, an XV-01 long damper rally with brushless upgrade

just ordered one of these to build with my wife, should be fun 🙂

RustySpanner

Northwind – Member
    I like the scale banana ariel accessory

And the colour.
    Tamiya metallic purple?

phil5556

Banana has added about 10m on to the radio range, works well 🙂

Yes it’s a Tamiya purple of some kind, I’ll check later.

phil5556

@titusrider the beetle looks like fun 🙂

nickname
    Free Member

I used to love the battles between the Associated RC10 and the Losi XX crew back in the days…throw in the Schumacher cougar or cat? as well.

I wasn’t down with the cool kids so had a Traxxas (bandit I think).

Tempted to get into this again as I’ve got a road track near me…there’s also an off-road club too..hmm

phil5556

Metallic Purple PS-18

TBH I always thought it was the suggested colour but just checked and it’s not.

stumpyjon

Just ordered a Neo Scorcher for the lad from Rossmod now as well. After seeing my built up Big Wig over Christmas his thunder tracks thing with 2 minutes battery life didnt seem so great. I wanted to get him a kit car in the first place. Lots of lad / dad bonding in the workshop is on the horizon I hope.

Northwind

URMAGURD URMAGURD ITS HEAR.

Not Tamiya though

This thing is shittily awesome- leaf springs and no dampers, 4wd powered by a single, overheated, smelly motor, puny servo… But it’s just so pleasing as it bimbles around, it’s like an RC fatbike. Bonus points for having battery access under the tipping cab. I hope not to blow it up too fast but I think when i do I might stick some cheeky upgrades in it. Like, I just might have a carbon brushed 180 from an esky helicopter lying around… It’s nice to have compatible hobbies

Turns out, I really like crappy RC toys. Now I’m just waiting for my Madbull and, er, the other cheapy I bought from banggood

RustySpanner

So that’s three in a fortnight?!?
    😀

phil5556 – Member
    Metallic Purple PS-18

Cheers Phil, that’s the colour sorted.
    Might be a bit bright with the yellow wheels but who cares?

Northwind

Rusty Spanner – Member

So that’s three in a fortnight?!?

Well. I bought the first 2 cheapies about a month ago and the other one at christmas- they just took a month to arrive (and in the case of the crawler, about 3 days to explode) and the madbull last week. Give me some credit 😆

phil5556

That truck’s cool.
    Although I admit that anything I have I just want it to go as fast as possible without self destructing :mrgreen:

Are you a kitesurfer? Used to be a Northwind that posted on kiteboarder forum.

Northwind

Nah, but I’ve used this name on motorbike forums…

phil5556

Oops. So I have a Top Force on the way by the looks of it. My finger slipped on the buy it now button.

bonobo
    Free Member

@Northwind, loving the truck. I have one similar.

wwaswas

Great ad for a full size one.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,565 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.