Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Christmas Survival Thread (group therapy)
  • vickypea
    Free Member

Turned out OK in the end. Quiet and peaceful with Mr Pea and youngest son, until the evening when we visited the utter chaos of my mum’s place with my sister and family.
    I didn’t get a single naff present!

duckman

I have had my son on Christmas day for the first time in the three years since splitting. Ex-wife came across to watch him open presents and brought my ex stepson who I barely see;I have had worse Christmas days.

bruneep

christmas day is today due to me working nights christmas eve and day.

both sets of parents over, I’m tired and a bit grumpy have to cook for 8 persons bottle of red is calling my name what could go wrong by the time we eat at 6ish

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yunki
    Free Member

I think I had the best of it yesterday with the inlaws..
    Quite a charming do with tons of veggie grub provided by all present, giggling babies, nice gifts, ace music and even an impromptu speech by the bil…

Today Will be more familiar but also more awkward with two stepdads (one from a previous marriage), my sexist brother, weeping mother and no doubt a harrowingly bad performance of some kind by my loud and precocious nieces.. 🙂

At least we’ve booked a pub lunch so that will take some of the pressure off

onehundredthidiot

Phew they’ve gone.
    Nightmare.
    I lost it and called my brother in law a f’ing prick at the dinner table.
    After he had commented about the lack of mixers, the fact the plates were cold and he was sure there was a better bottle of fizz in the fridge. This after him turning up with heehaw.

oldfart

By 2011 I’d had a gutsful of ” doing the right thing” at Xmas after 30 plus years , the last 10 of those being the worst . So I finally said enough is enough , talked it over with my wife , thought how far can we go to get away before we start coming back ended up 3 weeks in NZ and it was brilliant !! Bit drastic I know but since then everybody knows we are doing Xmas on our terms hence the recent ones have been far more enjoyable , just wish I’d dug my heels in sooner !

anagallis_arvensis

Mixed race children are very good looking and lots of Muslim children go to Catholic Schools because Catholics schools give the best education.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Survival Thread (group therapy)’ is closed to new replies.